PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss AquaWax.... WOW!

Pages : [1] 2

Coach Steve
04-28-2014, 04:43 AM
As a longtime reader of the forums on this site, I've read numerous posts by those singing the praises of Duragloss products. The only place locally that carries Duragloss products is CarQuest and the closest one isn't that close. I hadn't ordered any DG products because I really don't like buying the "full size" bottle of anything prior to trying it first - not cheap, just practical.
Anyway, I had to go to CarQuest over the weekend to pick up a part none of the other parts houses had in stock and remembered on the way in the store that they carried DG stuff. I picked up a bottle of Aqua Wax and a small bottle of the red shampoo/soap - the one that smells like cherries?
When I got home, I installed the part I had gone to get, finished the under-hood work and decided to wash the car.
The soap was nice... lots and lots of suds, smelled nice, felt slick/slippery when moving the mitt around, etc., etc. A little bit goes a long way!

Now, to be fair, I had just done a complete detail from the clear coat up (wash, clay, compound, polish and seal) about a week or so prior, so it looked pretty decent to start with.

HOWEVER...
I couldn't wait to get it dry so I could use the Aqua wax and when I did.... Holy Crap! I was AMAZED at the shine it produced! I've used so many spray waxes and QD's and a lot of them have at least one attribute I really like but there wasn't one that had everything I was looking for - until now.
There isn't really an accurate or adequate way of describing the results produced and I neglected to take any pictures DOH! but the best way I can think to describe the depth of shine is that it's what the car might look like if you took it in and had it re-clear-coated, if that even makes sense. The depth of shine was intense. It applies evenly without streaks and a little bit goes a long way.
If you've been on the fence about trying their Aqua Wax, buy some - you' will be glad you did!

silverfox
04-28-2014, 04:52 AM
Buy it by the gallon. All DG products are outstanding. The best bang for your buck line of products I've ever had the pleasure to use.

HateSwirls
04-28-2014, 06:10 AM
I wonder how many times per week I can use the Duragloss before it begins to start hazing on me?
The stuff is so awesome, I want to use it daily. Lol

davidc
04-28-2014, 06:21 AM
I wonder how many times per week I can use the Duragloss before it begins to start hazing on me?

Probably 7. But let me know if your going to do that so I can check DG's stock price :xyxthumbs:

Dave

Coach Steve
04-28-2014, 07:04 AM
Probably 7. But let me know if your going to do that so I can check DG's stock price :xyxthumbs:

Dave
:laughing: :laughing: I can see the stock analysts scratching their heads now. And the headline of the WSJ would read...
"Unexplained Jump in Duragloss Products (NYSE: DGP) Sales Delights Shareholders!"

It's so shiny it makes me want to call all my customers and have them bring their cars in for a do-over! ;) :laughing:

Hey Dave, where in AZ are you? I'm in Chandler.

RTexasF
04-28-2014, 08:07 AM

I recall reading that using it more than twice a month can dull/mute flake in the paint. I don't know if that is true or not. It's one of the products I will not be without.

Eric
04-28-2014, 09:08 AM
You should also pick up #111, it's a pure sealant that is absolutely awesome. Their interior and flat black rubber dressings are also staples in my detailing toolbox.

Coach Steve
04-28-2014, 09:12 AM
You should also pick up #111, it's a pure sealant that is absolutely awesome. Their interior and flat black rubber dressings are also staples in my detailing toolbox.
At some point today, I have to go back to CarQuest to return the core part and get my money back so I'm thinking I'll most likely be a little lighter in the wallet after that trip. ;)
I also want to pickup a bottle of their polish - forget the actual name/title but I'm getting that for sure and a bottle of the #111 and ....who knows what else? :laughing:

Eric
04-28-2014, 09:17 AM
I believe the polish is #105, but not positive.

You will be very happy with the #111. It's the first sealant I ever used and while I sample others from time to time, #111 is in constant rotation.

wdmaccord
04-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Try the AW as a drying aid too and you'll love it even more. Do a flood rinse so very little water left on the car. Couple mists per panel as you dry with a WW. Buff each panel as you go with a dry WW.

davidc
04-28-2014, 05:16 PM
:laughing: :laughing: I can see the stock analysts scratching their heads now. And the headline of the WSJ would read...
"Unexplained Jump in Duragloss Products (NYSE: DGP) Sales Delights Shareholders!"

It's so shiny it makes me want to call all my customers and have them bring their cars in for a do-over! ;) :laughing:

Hey Dave, where in AZ are you? I'm in Chandler.

Tempe, 60 and McClintock. Near your stomping grounds looking at your Avatar

Dave

davidc
04-28-2014, 05:25 PM

Add the 601 to that 111 order. I really do not have any DG product that disappoints me and I have a bunch. Just did my truck with 601/111 it previously had Zaino. Daughters car is 601/105, wife's Van 601/501, 32' 5ver RV 601/501 topped with 601/105. Have I taken this to far ?. Anything that lasts up to and more than a year with 932 washes and occasional Aqua Wax treatments I will use.

Dave

dirtdestroyer
04-28-2014, 05:27 PM
I like to use it ontop of collinite 845, looks fantastic.

pld
04-28-2014, 06:11 PM
The stuff is great!:dblthumb2:

ge0rge
04-28-2014, 06:46 PM
I decided I would visit a local CarQuest to see what Duragloss products they had, what a disappointment. They had the worst selection, and no DG products. They had a bottle of TW Finish 2001 that looked like it was sitting in the sun since 2001. Oh well...