PDA

View Full Version : Sonax Polymer Net Shield

Pages : [1] 2

RandyD
04-27-2014, 05:59 PM
Can this sealant be put on top of Opti-coat. I've had opti-coat on my SUV since I bought it two years ago. Just trying to give the SUV a little extra shine gloss and protection. I have already used Reload a few times but I want to try something different and have read a lot of good things about Net Shield. I just wanted to know if Net Shield will remove Opti-coat in any way.

swanicyouth
04-27-2014, 06:26 PM
I think you would be better served by using their Brilliant Shine Detailer. You can top OC with whatever. It won't remove it. But, your getting diminishing returns for sure.

Vue to a kill
04-27-2014, 06:26 PM
Opti Coat will not be removed by anything short of using an abrasives (compounds or wet sanding) or a paint thinner (which you wouldn't do anyway). Polymer Net Shield is perfectly safe to put on top. A less expensive way to amp up the gloss would be to use Optimum Instant Detailer and Gloss Enhancer. But it all comes down to what you like the best. I've used D156, OCW, Opti Seal, UPGP, OID, and more I can't remember right now. All look great but certainly don't last very long on top of the coating. I've had the best luck with GTechniq C2v3 so far. I get maybe 3-4 months over the OC which all in all isn't bad.

FUNX650
04-27-2014, 06:52 PM
It's been highly recommended to not put any other products on top of Coatings. Regardless...People still do!

Now if I was going to use any product on OC
-That product would definitely be: Optimum Car Wax

-It contains two separate patented components...
•One for UVA/UVB protection...patent# 6,685,765.
•One for its polymer/Carnauba system (that provides up to 5 months of protection)...patent# 6,669,763.

-This is only a suggestion for your consideration.
It's your plenipotentiary, OP, for utilizing Synergy, (as it applies to car-care products), or not.

Bob

2old2change
04-27-2014, 07:47 PM
After all the advise not to , I have been topping my OC 2.0 and other coatings with Sonax Polymere Net Shield. I love it and have no regrets.

Rayaz
04-27-2014, 08:32 PM
I use Duragloss Aqua Wax as a drying aid on my OC vehicles with very good (and inexpensive) results. My understanding is that you're not going to hurt the OC, nothing sticks to it very well so you're not really getting any real benefit by topping it.

In any event, I think it looks better and it makes it a lot easier to dry when it gets over 100 here.

golliger
04-27-2014, 08:58 PM
Plentiwhattiary? Dammit Bob, thanks to you the pages are falling out of my Funk and Wagnalls.

FUNX650
04-27-2014, 10:42 PM
Plentiwhattiary? Dammit Bob, thanks to you the pages are falling out of my Funk and Wagnalls.
{F&W: Reminds me of Rowan and Martin's
"Laugh-In"...}

Does this mean I get awarded:
"The Flying Fickle Finger of Fate"?!?! :D

Bob

EVOlved
04-27-2014, 11:25 PM
I think you would be better served by using their Brilliant Shine Detailer. You can top OC with whatever. It won't remove it. But, your getting diminishing returns for sure.

+1 to this. BSD gives you all the qualities on PNS is quicker and last almost a month. You can just use it as a drying aid.

canairb
05-04-2014, 08:57 PM
{F&W: Reminds me of Rowan and Martin's
"Laugh-In"...}

Does this mean I get awarded:
"The Flying Fickle Finger of Fate"?!?! :D

Bob

Very interesting, but stupid!

FUNX650
05-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Very interesting, but stupid!
Thanks canairb!

Bob

canairb
05-04-2014, 09:16 PM
Are we showing our age.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KillaCam
05-04-2014, 09:51 PM
I read somewhere that overseas SPNS was designed to go over their coating that we don't have here to prevent water spotting. So why not?

FUNX650
05-04-2014, 10:05 PM
Are we showing our age.

Only under certain lighting-conditions at the "Home",
Or so I've been told.

{somebody, please :help: me}

Bob

EVOlved
05-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Only under certain lighting-conditions at the "Home",
Or so I've been told.

{somebody, please :help: me}

Bob

I think you may have gone to the point of no return Bob.