PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

LRC3
04-27-2014, 04:37 PM
About a 5 weeks ago I clayed, 105, 205, Meg's carnauba gold (had almost a full bottle) my black Sequoia. Came out pretty good, if I do say so myself (my first full detail btw).

Now I'm looking to redo the truck, bc I still have some water spots and want to upgrade to Meg's 21.

My question is do I need to clay again to get everything off?

I may hit the roof and hood again with 105 (that's where the spots are), then the whole truck lightly with 205, then 21, 26.

FYI, this is my first black vehicle, but MAN it's a monster to keep it clean, and I have a garage, what a PITA:mad::mad::mad:

TrolleyVW
04-27-2014, 05:05 PM
Probably don't have to clay again if it's garaged or washed regularly but that's just a guess.

Try the Baggie test and go from there

jamesboyy
04-27-2014, 06:44 PM
If its me I would clay the paintwork again though if you wanna make it easier you could get the clay mitt or clay eraser with lots of lubercation but I highly suggest looking into opti coating your 9 to 5 job( black paint work)

LRC3
04-27-2014, 07:09 PM
Probably don't have to clay again if it's garaged or washed regularly but that's just a guess.

Try the Baggie test and go from there

Washed regularly, is an UNDERSTATEMENT... I just bought a foam cannon, and during my second wash I had 2 of my neighbors come over like ### is that. Lmao

Needless to say, they both have them on order!

I usually wash once a week with the cannon, and just depending on how she looks during the week, I may just blow her off real quick with the power washer, just water, and leaf blower dry. Then I switch weekly between quick detail and liquid wax after washing.

If its me I would clay the paintwork again though if you wanna make it easier you could get the clay mitt or clay eraser with lots of lubercation but I highly suggest looking into opti coating your 9 to 5 job( black paint work)

Yea I was thinking to clay again to be safe, but thought I would ask.

I don't mind doing the work, but just thought I'd ask.

Have you used the opti James? I'm a newb so would it work for me?

At the end of the day I wasn't sure if I needed to restart the whole process again starting with clay.

Thank you!