PDA

View Full Version : Polishing pads

aztec1987
04-27-2014, 12:39 PM
Out of curiosity I began to wonder about this while I was finidng my PC7424 my dad decided to store it in the garage, usually I got all my detailing products in my closet. I have six pads that I use in which are 5" Hex logic pads. I have an Orange, White, Green, Blue, Black, and Red. I been going around and peruse throught different website. I ask my self what is the different between hex logic foam pads, Lake Country pads (texture), and the soft self center foam pads without texture. Can someone tell me the different of each or if they are any differences between them. Also is it better to us a 7" or a 5"?

Kamakaz1961
04-27-2014, 01:04 PM
Definitely stick with the 5" Pads instead of a 7" with the PC7424 regardless if you go with Hex or Lake Country.

As for the Hex Logic and Lake Country Pads; I have both. I prefer the Lake Country pads over the Hex, but not by much. If I only had the Hex pads no problem.

I know the Orange Pad is for medium to mild cutting on scratches. The White is for polishing, the Blue (I believe) is for light scratches, the Black is for sealant and wax and the same goes for the Red Pad. I think the blue pad is slightly less than a white pad, however, do not quote me on that.

The only difference that I can tell with the Lake Country vs the Hex is that the LC pad is thicker and keeps its form better (tends to flatten out) than the Hex.

This morning I stripped my car and used a Hex Black Pad for surface cleaner and used a Lake Country 3" foam pad to apply wax. Both worked well. The pads you mention are good quality pads.

allenk4
04-27-2014, 01:07 PM
Lake Country DA Foam Pads Comparison Chart (http://www.autogeek.net/lake-country-foam-pads.html)

aztec1987
04-27-2014, 01:10 PM
Thanks I am sticking with the Hex logic so far I like the results. I usd the green pad to polish the windows and male sure to spray pad conditioner on every initial use

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk