PDA

View Full Version : Several drying technique questions

Pages : 1 2 [3]

WRAPT C5Z06
05-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Microfiber Madness "Dry Me Crazy" towel is the best. Any MM towel is good.

Do not use any type of polymers before you lay down your LSP.

Yes, QD's serve as an excellent drying aid.

hernandez.art13
05-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Don't want to get on a forum war Mark :)

But I found Chemical Guys Woolly Mammoth beat Dry Me Crazy. Weird because I thought it was going to be the other way around. :dunno:

Side Note: I told someone about the Woolly Mammoth Towel. They then tell me a few months later that they sold one towel to one of their customers for $85 dollars.

Do you guys think that is wrong? Or just business? :dunno:

Also has no one tried the Woolly Mammoth towel??? It's a great towel and I use UWW+ as a drying aid.

My rinseless wash should be coming in Thursday So excited for that. I'm sure I'll come out with something different or new after I start using it all the time.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Don't want to get on a forum war Mark :)

But I found Chemical Guys Woolly Mammoth beat Dry Me Crazy. Weird because I thought it was going to be the other way around. :dunno:

Side Note: I told someone about the Woolly Mammoth Towel. They then tell me a few months later that they sold one towel to one of their customers for $85 dollars.

Do you guys think that is wrong? Or just business? :dunno:

Also has no one tried the Woolly Mammoth towel??? It's a great towel and I use UWW+ as a drying aid.

My rinseless wash should be coming in Thursday So excited for that. I'm sure I'll come out with something different or new after I start using it all the time.
That towel is too big and I guarantee you the woolly MF isn't as good of quality as the MM. To each their own. :props:

hernandez.art13
05-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Yes I guess to each their own :props:

:D

stemyx
05-07-2014, 12:06 AM
Thank you all for the answers so far! Really helpful. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AG Online

Prophizee
05-07-2014, 12:23 AM
After sheeting the water if the car I normally spray some some dp waterless wash and use the griot waffle weave towel, works like a charm for me. I feel the waterless wash has a lot more lubricant then a spray detail just my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AG Online

CDot
05-07-2014, 07:45 AM

I have Chemical Guys "Grey Matter" Waffle Weave; works great for me but I have heard good things about the Wooly Mammoth.

Desertnate
05-07-2014, 08:07 AM
Dumb question for those who use a spray product as a drying aid: Where do you spray it? On the towel? On the panels of the vehicle?

LRC3
05-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Dumb question for those who use a spray product as a drying aid: Where do you spray it? On the towel? On the panels of the vehicle?

I spray it on my towel.

CDot
05-07-2014, 09:13 AM

Both. An initial spray or so on the towel (if it's dry) and then a spray or two on the panel depending on how large it is.

stemyx
05-07-2014, 10:52 PM
I know that the right thing to do is only spraying once per panel but can someone provide an explanation to why? I'm just curious!! Is it to avoid streaks?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AG Online

psnt1ol
05-08-2014, 12:08 AM
Microfiber Madness "Dry Me Crazy" towel is the best. Any MM towel is good.

+1

I am in agreement in regards to MM products. I own several products from their line (Incredi-Mitt, Incredi-sponge, Yellow Fellow, Crazy Pile, Dry me Crazy). I am a believer.

BTW.... "Dry Me Crazy" towel is 1200 Gsm!!!!