PDA

View Full Version : what to use under the hood

redline
04-27-2014, 11:57 AM
looking for under the hood cleaner .what are people using ?

brondondolon
04-27-2014, 12:12 PM
Heres how I do it. I cover all sensitive electronics and disconnect the neg battery cable first. I then spray a heavy amount of megs APC undiluted. I don't use water first. Then I use various brushes to gently scrub everything while spraying more APC. Once I'm satisfied I do a low pressure rinse with water. After the low pressure rinse I wipe quickly to just remove the big concentration of water. Then while there are still water spots everywhere I spray megs hyper dressing all over and wipe down. Totally time takes roughly 20 min from start to finish. The after pics aren't the greatest because of where the sun was at so it doesn't do it justice.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

HateSwirls
04-27-2014, 01:07 PM
If the engine is really dirty I use LA Totally Awesome full strength.
$1.00 per bottle at any Dollar Tree, really cuts through the grease and oils.

Works great on my tires and fender wells also.

PA DETAILER
04-27-2014, 03:43 PM
DP Engine Degreaser, engine cleaner, car engine cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-engine-degreaser.html)

Firehouse Mike
04-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Meg's super degreaser at 4:1 for really nasty stuff, 10:1 for clean just dusty engines. Bag up major electronic components, and be gentle with the water for rinseing. I bring engine up to temp to help dry it a bit, them use Meg's water based dressing. Let air dry.

redline
04-27-2014, 07:05 PM
mine is just dust and dirt .no oil leaks .