PDA

View Full Version : Dual tools ps7000, is this worth it?

elsemental
04-26-2014, 03:23 PM
I've been planning on buying the pc kit. I saw this comercial this morning and it seems to good to be true. Has anyone used this?

BobbyG
04-26-2014, 05:14 PM
I've been planning on buying the pc kit. I saw this comercial this morning and it seems to good to be true. Has anyone used this?

I haven't seen the commercial for Dual-Tool PS7000. Doing some searching tells me it's possibly a rotary machine and of low quality as indicated by the user reviews.

If you're just starting out I would suggest a Porter Cable 7424xp Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/pc7424-menzerna-ceramic-kit.html) sold here....:props:

swanicyouth
04-26-2014, 05:20 PM

I've checked it out at Lowes. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole. Why?

1. It comes with a funky dual pad setup. Who knows what pad does what or where you get more pads - or if the pads are even any good.

2. Its $100. For a little more you can get a proven DA and all the help you need to learn how to use it is free here.

3. Who knows if the dual reverse spinning technology even works. Who knows if it was even tested by a real detailer? Who knows if they aren't using it with polishes loaded with fillers?

4. Who knows?

geekdout
04-26-2014, 05:47 PM
As seen on TV is your first red flag.
Anytime I buy a tool there are many things that go in to my decision.
1. Overall quality of the tool and the reputation of the manufacturer.
2. Service after the sale. Warranty of the product and the availability of replacement parts.
3. Where the tool is made.
4. I really don't like buying tools that I can't pickup and see how it feels in my hands. It might be the best in the world but if its not comfortable for you to use then whats the point.

elsemental
04-27-2014, 01:03 AM
That's what I thought. I'll invest in the real proven tool. Thanks.

Andr3wilson
04-27-2014, 01:55 AM
Tbh, I really don't see how that works better than a rotary or similar to a DA. Any hologramming (which I bet those pads will do well at!) will not be negated. The outer pad will instil holograms in the opposite direction of the inner pad. It technically is a dual action; id argue dual rotation, but the motion is not even close to that of a PC DA, meaning there will be high heat generated and burning paint is easy. Really it is just a marketing scheme to go after people who had bad luck with OTC rotaries and wax spreading buffers.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-27-2014, 04:33 AM
Really it is just a marketing scheme to go after people who had bad luck with OTC rotaries and wax spreading buffers.

This.

jwgreen6
04-27-2014, 05:32 AM
For me the biggest negative is it requires custom pads. You cannot put any 5"-6" pad from Meguiar's, Lake Country and other pad manufacturers and I'm sure they won't make their premier pads for this polisher.

As far as the technology goes, it was proven in the 1950's ala "The Cyclo", as it started with dual counter-rotating pads, albeit the pads are not concentric.

215Detailing
04-27-2014, 06:41 AM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV-ups5hrQM]Dual Polisher Sander PS7000 - YouTube[/video]
Here is a youtube video I found

ghji222
05-08-2014, 01:44 AM
Everyone provide its suggestion but i think the dual tools not having a good worth.I used it in my garage many times.However nice job done by it but not an excellency in it.Everyone talk from their own point of view like me.