PDA

View Full Version : Which pressure washer?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dan_335i
04-26-2014, 02:27 PM
What pressure washers do you guys use? And what is the psi?

Which one should I get?
My main purpose is to wash car.
Kärcher G3050 OHC Gas Pressure Washer (http://www.costco.ca/Kärcher--G3050-OHC-Gas-Pressure-Washer.product.100103453.html)
Karcher 2600 PSI Gas Pressure Washer 173 cc Engine (http://www.costco.ca/Karcher-2600-PSI-Gas-Pressure-Washer-173-cc-Engine.product.100112707.html)

Or suggest me another one!

dirtdestroyer
04-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Go with an electric if it's just to wash the car. If it's to do decks and such go with the gas option with higher PSI.

elsemental
04-26-2014, 03:30 PM
Go with an electric if it's just to wash the car. If it's to do decks and such go with the gas option with higher PSI.

:iagree:

Dan_335i
04-26-2014, 06:46 PM

we had 2 electrics in the past and they all stop working within 1 year of purchase. so i was thinking gas will be more reliable

aztec1987
04-26-2014, 06:49 PM
we had 2 electrics in the past and they all stop working within 1 year of purchase. so i was thinking gas will be more reliable

I had the same trouble with electrical washers I had a AR Blue 1900 and it gave out......out of nowhere the engine will make very short whirling sounds. After a few uses it gave out! On the other hand my fathers Honda GVC 190 is pretty good! Still running even thou he knocked off a wheel while transporting it.

dirtdestroyer
04-26-2014, 06:53 PM

That's why you buy it from Costco with the generous return policy.

aztec1987
04-26-2014, 06:53 PM
That's why you buy it from Costco with the generous return policy.

They will take anything! Even if you broke it!

Joseph Rogers
04-26-2014, 06:57 PM
Your first problem is buying PW's from places like Costco. That's like buying a DA from Advance. It's not designed for more than occasional use.

dirtdestroyer
04-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Your first problem is buying PW's from places like Costco. That's like buying a DA from Advance. It's not designed for more than occasional use.

Most pros here use Karchers or AR's not specifically designed for commercial use because they are easily portable and not loud enough to wake people up on early morning jobs not to mention low cost and easy to replace free of cost at costco. Having to replace something every year or so free of charge doesn't seem bad to me at all.

Which low gpm electric PWs do you know of in the commercial market which are sold with a warrenty like costco provides?

TopThatDetail
04-26-2014, 07:10 PM
I have snow joe spx3000 electric

Dan_335i
04-26-2014, 07:41 PM
i bought my karcher from costco but lost receipt. its been like 10 or 11 months can i still exchange for another one?

dirtdestroyer
04-26-2014, 07:46 PM
i bought my karcher from costco but lost receipt. its been like 10 or 11 months can i still exchange for another one?

So long as it was under your membership they should be able to pull up the purchase in their system without receipt. I've done it more than once.

Joseph Rogers
04-26-2014, 07:54 PM
Most pros here use Karchers or AR's not specifically designed for commercial use because they are easily portable and not loud enough to wake people up on early morning jobs not to mention low cost and easy to replace free of cost at costco. Having to replace something every year or so free of charge doesn't seem bad to me at all.

Which low gpm electric PWs do you know of in the commercial market which are sold with a warrenty like costco provides?

Define low GPM for me. I'm not sure what you guys are used to using. For the applications I'm familiar with, anything less than 8GPM is low...but seems like it might be a bit excessive for cars. Help me understand.

If you're ok with taking something back once a year and replacing it, then so be it. I'd rather shell out a bit of money and have it run for 5-7 years daily before it crapping out.

dirtdestroyer
04-26-2014, 08:16 PM
1.3-1.6 GPM is low GPM. With electric pressure washers I see them as low cost replacable items that will break. It's better to be able to return something for free replacement 5 times in 5 years than to pay more have it break in 5 years and not be able to return it for replacement. If it were something like an extractor where the lower end stuff doesn't do what I want or I needed to blast driveways and decks I'd present a different view.

Znig22
04-26-2014, 08:29 PM
I highly recommend the Nothern Tool Honda GC160 with the comet bxd2672 pump over the electric costco brand because it has more pressure, runs on gas, and Northern's Warranty is as good as anyones.