PDA

View Full Version : proper care for newer Ram P/U

hydro556
07-20-2007, 12:54 PM
I have an 06 Hemi Ram Quad Cab. It is a Khaki color (think Bronze), very pretty. I have looked it over and cannot find any swirls or scratches. I am getting ready to fully detail it. What would be the proper process? I have some XMT 360 on the way, as well as several other waxes, (dont laugh, these have worked for years), like Turtle Wax and Kit carnuba etc.. Also have clay and several different cut compounds and QD spray.

klumzypinoy
07-20-2007, 01:19 PM
From what I have read, here's a rough draft of the process:

-Wash, don't dry, just go straight to claying because you don't have to worry about
water spots
-Clay
-Polish
-Protect (sealant first, then wax, if you plan to put a sealant and wax, and of course let the sealant cure for 24 hours before you wax. After that 24 hours, you should wipe down the car with a quick detailer to get dust off, then go to waxing :))

supercharged
07-20-2007, 01:21 PM
I have an 06 Hemi Ram Quad Cab. It is a Khaki color (think Bronze), very pretty. I have looked it over and cannot find any swirls or scratches. I am getting ready to fully detail it. What would be the proper process? I have some XMT 360 on the way, as well as several other waxes, (dont laugh, these have worked for years), like Turtle Wax and Kit carnuba etc.. Also have clay and several different cut compounds and QD spray.
Wash-Clay-Polish-Protect.
And please, no turtle wax...

hydro556
07-20-2007, 01:34 PM
What about a good washing, then clay and then apply 360? Its supposed to do everything at once,no?

klumzypinoy
07-20-2007, 06:49 PM
What about a good washing, then clay and then apply 360? Its supposed to do everything at once,no?
You don't have to do everything at once if you don't have time. You can wash, clay the whole car if possible (unless your paint is pretty clean), and then polish a few panels at a time. If you do have time, you can do it all at once. Remember, take breaks too :D