PDA

View Full Version : Looking for distributors

Joseph Rogers
04-25-2014, 09:08 PM
To this point, I've used Meguiars on my vehicles. Now that I'm thinking about doing this in a professional capacity, I find that it's just like Carpet Cleaning. I've got a distributor I use that is on the national level, and their products are top notch and not available to the normal consumer. Professional strength, if youw will.

As I read through all this, I see that many of you talk about products I've never heard of. I'm located in Virginia, the SW corner of the state. Who should I look for near me?

Flash Gordon
04-25-2014, 09:34 PM
To this point, I've used Meguiars on my vehicles. Now that I'm thinking about doing this in a professional capacity, I find that it's just like Carpet Cleaning. I've got a distributor I use that is on the national level, and their products are top notch and not available to the normal consumer. Professional strength, if youw will.

As I read through all this, I see that many of you talk about products I've never heard of. I'm located in Virginia, the SW corner of the state. Who should I look for near me?

Don't know where to send you for a brick and mortar store, but I will say a lot of products you will see are duplicated. i.e. same product, different label

Evan.J
04-25-2014, 09:34 PM
I do not use one product line. I let the paint tell me what will work best by doing test spots.

EVOlved
04-25-2014, 10:08 PM

I think you are confused. High quality detailing products as far as I have seen with maybe the exception of MF towels are online only through only a select few resellers. I can't list them here as that is not allowed. Take Meg's they do produce a detailers line which is available on this very site it consists of highly concentrated products in large quantity. Thus lowering overhead. But if you go to local lines 99% of the time I guarantee you will end up with an inferior product.

dcjredline
04-25-2014, 11:07 PM
I think you are confused. High quality detailing products as far as I have seen with maybe the exception of MF towels are online only through only a select few resellers. I can't list them here as that is not allowed. Take Meg's they do produce a detailers line which is available on this very site it consists of highly concentrated products in large quantity. Thus lowering overhead. But if you go to local lines 99% of the time I guarantee you will end up with an inferior product.

Well said!

FUNX650
04-25-2014, 11:09 PM
I'm located in Virginia, the SW corner of the state. Who should I look for near me?
You're probably talking about locating PBE/Jobbers.
Most of the larger car detailing supply companies have these type of distributors in all 50 States and often in many countries around the World.

-There's: CarBrite, Presta, ProWax, AutoMagic, Malco, and even Meguiar's, among a host of others.
-One example of a Virginia PBE is: E&M Auto Paint and Supply.

Contacting these folks is just a few web-site phone #s and/or emails away.
Jobber trucks will often offer "to your door delivery".

Buying bulk:
Good Business Practice that's good for the bottom line!!

For some more info/possibilities...
Be creative and Google-up things like:
-"car detailing supplies distributors in Virginia"
-"car detailing supplies PBE/Jobbers in Virginia"

Hope this gives you at least a kick-start, in your quest.

Bob