PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Concentrated wheel cleaner

jshaf
04-25-2014, 08:47 PM
I received this product after replying to a give away thread and it took me a couple months to get to use it. Previously I usually used an APC for cleaning tires and other products to clean rims and it has been a few years since I used a dedicated wheel cleaner. so I have no real comparison other than my impressions and observations.

First thing is this stuff smells like something close to death/decomposition like so on the vial side. that is the only down side fortunately.

I have to admit my rims are in great shape and what bonded particles were pretty minimal, but on the rubber tires with lite brushing with a wheel brush I was really surprised at how clean it got the tires, they looked almost new afterwards. did not realize how much gunk was stuck to the tires, massive improvement. the rims were brighter and looked a bit cleaner. so to surmise; this product worked extremely well, I poured about 1/3 in to a 32 oz spray bottle and I think I could have diluted it a bit more if I chose. it seems to be a bit pricier than traditional wheel cleaners but the concentration and effectiveness make it a much more economical product and well worth the cost. On my SS Camaro I estimate I will get about 3 to 4 washes(four wheels with liberal application) worth out of each mixed bottle and there should be about three refills. so that is roughly 12 washes. and I don't have to do wheel cleaning to the max only about every 4 weeks or so. basically it is enough for about a full years worth of wheel cleaning since I only drive my Camaro from mid march til the first of December. will definitely be restocking this product every spring from now on!

IID
04-25-2014, 09:30 PM
I never tried Pinnacle C wheel cleaner (thou Pinnacle has never let me down)....this product ROCKS!

Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel and Tire Cleaner D-14301 (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-non-acid-wheel-and-tire-cleaner-d-14301.html)

jshaf
04-25-2014, 10:07 PM
it is Pinnacles advanced wheel cleaning concentrate