PDA

View Full Version : Help me complete my Detailing Kit

Greg5OH
04-25-2014, 11:40 AM
Have almost everything I think, heres a pic and a list of mostly everything. IM getting everything together to do a full correction on my LS400 for the Fitted show in Brampton on May 24.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb147/PolishSasquatch/lex/613FB578-59C2-493D-9C0B-DC221EE33842_zpsybjjq1dm.jpghttp://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb147/PolishSasquatch/lex/613FB578-59C2-493D-9C0B-DC221EE33842_zpsybjjq1dm.jpg

not in picture: 4 buckets
2 for body with grit guards
1 for wheels
1 that holds all my MFs

Big bag: body and interior, regular washing:
vacn blo vacuum
megs gold class carnauba
klasse AIO
Klasse glaze
mothers quick detailer
megs M40
Cobra guzzlers
brush for agitating fabric
megs car shampoo
clay bars

Wheel bag:
various brushes and dedicated wheel MFs
3m marine metal polish (for polished aluminum lips)
mothers chrome polish for chrome faces
sonax full effect
Wheel wax (paste and spray)

polisher:
HF DA
astro pneumatic 5" backign plate
CG complete line hex logic pads
CG pad dressing
megs M205 (hologramming and spider webbing)

I would like to get a sealant eventually but that would make the wax and glazes essentially usless, so for now I will be using those.

Any other recommendations please let me know!
I need a nice window cleaning agent.
picking up a foam cannon eventually as well.
Have sandaper from 500-4000 grit for restorign my headlights and mirror polishing wheel lips.

edit: wondering if there is something even finer than m205 to really make it super reflective? Or is 205 on a black pad sufficient?

Greg5OH
04-25-2014, 11:59 AM
my plan of attack to correct the minor imperfection in my paint are:

Wash with Dawn dish soap
Clay bar
M205 on white or green pad
Klasse AIO
few layers of klasse Glaze
gold class wax.

As for wheels: wash, clay, polish lips with sandpaper, klasse AIO, spray wax to get into the crevices, then paste wax on the lips and face.
However i have tiny hairline scratches in the chrome face, the chrome polish isnt abrasive enough. Thinking maybe some M205 with a yellow pad?

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
04-25-2014, 12:05 PM
You will need more than just one of each pad. You can get away with two of each pad you'll be using but I typically use 3-4 pads on a car and 5-6 on larger vehicles.

Also there is no need for Klasse AIO, if you're going to be using m205 first. Do you have m105? It could come in handy if m205 does not give you your desired level of correction.

Remember the HF DA isn't very powerful so work in small areas, with slow arm speed and firm downward pressure when removing defects.

Greg5OH
04-25-2014, 12:15 PM
Thank you sir, I shall pick up some 105 in a smaller bottle. I will test some pads in a small spot to see which works best then pick up more of said pad. Cant afford to buy 3 more full sets.
Would perhaps cleaning the pad with pad dressing, washing and spinning out the water then air drying be ok? Obviously will take more time, but could still be done in 1 day?

Also, would you recommend an IPA wipedown before the AIO?
can the AIO be machine applied? How much to put on the pad? black/finishing pad?

Greg5OH
04-25-2014, 12:26 PM
Also I have been reading megs gold class still has some cleaning properties which are counterproductive with klasse glaze. Is this true?

What is a good topper for the glaze?

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
04-25-2014, 01:41 PM
Picking up another cutting pad and another polishing pad. Cleaning after each section is a good idea.

You don't need an IPA wipe down and if you're polishing with m205, you won't need an AIO because you'll be working with fresh paint (because you removed the very top by polishing).

You don't want to use any products that have abrasives or cleaning properties on top of sealants/waxes. I would just put down 3 layers of Klasse Sealant Glaze (12 hours apart) and be done with it.

Greg5OH
04-25-2014, 02:06 PM
thank you! anything i should use during the wash to keep it fresh? OR just good ol QD spray?

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
04-25-2014, 06:36 PM
thank you! anything i should use during the wash to keep it fresh? OR just good ol QD spray?

I like using ONRWW for maintenance washes and you can use your favorite spray wax or QD after if you want.