PDA

View Full Version : Applying Souveran paste by hand -Technique?

Pages : [1] 2

Cobra04
07-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Im planning on applying souveran paste by hand. Is applying it with a cobra MF applicator as good as with the lil foam that comes with it? The lil foam applicators are kinda small for my hands and the MF applicators fit much better.

Also, how should i apply it, in a circular motion or in straight lines?

Does applying it by machine make it look any better at all?

Thanks.

Mike T
07-20-2007, 12:06 PM
I've used SP with a MF applicator with no problem. I applied in straight lines over-lapping each other. In the direction the wind would flow across the surface. Make sure you apply in thin layers. Which can be achieved easier by some with a UDM or PC.

greg'sgoat
07-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Straight lines, back and forth, up and down to get even coverage. I hate the MF applicators and like the foam, but if they work for you, go for it.

Cobra04
07-20-2007, 12:24 PM
I like the foam better in that I feel like it puts on a more even coat, just feel like that foam could be making some swirls or something.

klumzypinoy
07-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Sometimes I do circles, sometimes lines. I haven't used SOuveran paste yet, but that's how I wax. I usually see myself doing lines, up down left right :D.

greg'sgoat
07-20-2007, 12:33 PM
I like the foam better in that I feel like it puts on a more even coat, just feel like that foam could be making some swirls or something.

No, it isn't doing that. Just don't let any dirt or dust on the surface while your waxing, and no swirls should come about.

klumzypinoy
07-20-2007, 12:48 PM
No, it isn't doing that. Just don't let any dirt or dust on the surface while your waxing, and no swirls should come about.

Yup, keep your waxing pad clean. With me being OCD, I inspect my wax pad before it goes in to do its job :p

Cobra04
07-20-2007, 12:52 PM
So going in a circular motion or straight lines are both fine? cool...then ill do w/e seems to work best :)

Gnarboots11
07-20-2007, 12:56 PM
straight lines front to back works the best. and the foam applicator that comes with it works better than MF applicator too.

bambo2888
07-20-2007, 01:26 PM
i wouldnt do circles, but thats me...

blkexcoupe
07-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Have any of you guys tried applying wax with the CCS red foam applicator pads?

CCS Red Wax/Sealant Applicator Pads 2 Pack (http://www.autogeek.net/red-ccs-applicators.html)

klumzypinoy
07-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Have any of you guys tried applying wax with the CCS red foam applicator pads?

CCS Red Wax/Sealant Applicator Pads 2 Pack (http://www.autogeek.net/red-ccs-applicators.html)

I ordered one of those, well it came with two. I like them, but i don't really see much advantage with the closed cell structures, except when it comes to liquid products. With liquid products, I just press the pad against the paint without moving the pad around, and viola, the product in the cell pockets go onto the paint!

ltoman
07-20-2007, 07:04 PM
i wouldnt do circles, but thats me...

:iagree: :iagree: can't be too safe. and i agree about the foam applicator.

Jimmie
07-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Foam with a spritz of Crystal Mist on the pad before using by hand.

Gary Sword
07-20-2007, 08:06 PM
I also like the form applicators much better then the MF ones. I always use them to apply Souveran Paste or any Paste wax for that matter.