PDA

View Full Version : product sequencing

glennh
04-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Every few years I get on a detailing kick and add something to my repertoire. Several years ago it was clay, and recently I've purchased a Griot 6" DA, which is something I should have done long ago as I'm just tickled with what I can do with it.

30 some years ago I used Meguiar's products and have come full circle back to them in the past several years.

I've clayed and used Megs Ultimate Polish followed by Megs Ultimate Wax on my 2010 dark grey Toyota Highlander and am pretty pleased with the results.

I want to tackle our 2005 beige Honda Accord next. This is the wife's car and doesn't get as much love from me, so I know that I've got more corrections to address with that.

I'm planning on using some M205 and move to M105 if necessary, and then follow up with M205, but what is the right thing to do after that?

Presumably ranking from most to least correction I would order the aforementioned products in this way: M105, M205, Ultimate Polish and I know that the right sequencing is "polish-glaze-wax", but when I look at the product name of M205 being "Mirror Glaze Ultra Finishing Polish", I'm a bit unsure as to whether I should jump from M205 to the Megs ultimate wax or if I should insert the Megs Ultimate Polish first.

...and just to muddy the waters, if I wanted to insert a glaze product before wax, what would be a recommendation?

Thanks!

allenk4
04-24-2014, 05:35 PM
http://www.autopiaforums.com/Todd-Helme/polish-chart.jpg

Coopers ST
04-24-2014, 05:36 PM
I think ultimate polish is the consumer M205

allenk4
04-24-2014, 05:44 PM
I think ultimate polish is the consumer M205

Some will say that UP has less cut, but is more "Consumer Friendly" than M205

Both will work great, paired with good technique

glennh
04-24-2014, 05:53 PM
Some will say that UP has less cut, but is more "Consumer Friendly" than M205

Both will work great, paired with good technique

Great chart in the other reply--thanks!

Based on the position in the chart, they would appear to be close in their aggressiveness, but when considering the color coding the UP wouldn't have any fillers, but the M205 would.

In your opinion is there enough difference between UP and M205 to warrant having both?
I'm thinking use up my UC and then replace with M205?

allenk4
04-24-2014, 06:40 PM
Great chart in the other reply--thanks!

Based on the position in the chart, they would appear to be close in their aggressiveness, but when considering the color coding the UP wouldn't have any fillers, but the M205 would.

In your opinion is there enough difference between UP and M205 to warrant having both?

I'm thinking use up my UC and then replace with M205?

No

trekkeruss
04-24-2014, 06:49 PM
Since you already have UP, just get Ultimate Compound for heavier defect correction.