PDA

View Full Version : Looking for recommendation on pad type ..

Damn Dirty Ape
07-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Longtime lurker, first post..

Ok, I have the PC and have done a few cars now, but my collection of things to use is kind of average and not very exciting..

I need to know what pad (LC CCS) would be most appropriate for light/moderate swirl removal and some smaller scratches. This is using either Megs #83 or Mothers Powerpolish at this time. I'm thinking orange, but want to defer to those who know a bit more..

I also have Duragloss 601, 105, AW and Mothers Synwax and Reflections/Top Coat. I realize I most likely need a softer pad for application of the Mothers and 601/105. Blue? White?

For removal I usually use some MF bonnets over an older megs yellow pad.

Just a bit overwhelmed by all the colors. I'm using a 5" backing plate and figure I need either 6/6.5" pads I presume.

thanks.

supercharged
07-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Longtime lurker, first post..

Ok, I have the PC and have done a few cars now, but my collection of things to use is kind of average and not very exciting..

I need to know what pad (LC CCS) would be most appropriate for light/moderate swirl removal and some smaller scratches. This is using either Megs #83 or Mothers Powerpolish at this time. I'm thinking orange, but want to defer to those who know a bit more..

I also have Duragloss 601, 105, AW and Mothers Synwax and Reflections/Top Coat. I realize I most likely need a softer pad for application of the Mothers and 601/105. Blue? White?

For removal I usually use some MF bonnets over an older megs yellow pad.

Just a bit overwhelmed by all the colors. I'm using a 5" backing plate and figure I need either 6/6.5" pads I presume.

thanks.
Correct. Orange pad should do it. You might wanna think about upgrading your polish from Megs to Pinnacle XMT series, or Menzerna polishes. The difference is just like upgrading from Cavalier to Corvette. Out of those I strongly recommend Pinnacle XMT 360, Menzerna Super Intensive Polish, and Menzerna PO106FF. These are the must have products for any true detailer.
#83 dusts like crazy, I used it before.

Bunky
07-20-2007, 07:55 AM
I asked a similar question elsewhere and this was a summary of the feedback I received.

PowerPolish - depends on task

LC Yellow Cutting Pad (compare to Edge yellow)
LC Orange Light Cutting Pad (compare to Edge orange)
LC White Polishing Pad (compare to Edge green)Pre-Wax Cleaner - LC white

Sealer/Glaze - LC white or blue

Reflections Wax - LC Blue

Al