PDA

View Full Version : GG Glass Polish

Gearhead
04-24-2014, 09:21 AM
Anybody ever use this stuff? I am thinking about trying it do polish windows on details. Are most of you just using a regular paint polish on the glass?

tcrummitt87
04-24-2014, 10:01 AM
I have used both their glass polish and fine glass polish. I haven't had an experience using anything else on glass though. The GG throws a lot of dry residue as you polish.

I think they work decently well, I also think I had larger expectations than we're possible for what I wanted to accomplish. They don't remove little chips but it does remove grime and present a great finish.

Dr_Pain
04-24-2014, 11:00 AM
The better product to tackle glass is the CarPro Cerium glass polish (Ceriglass) and rayon pads. We have a long thread on glass polishing. Try a quick search for it. A lot of discussion on the how's and why's (especially the how-to avoid dusting)

swanicyouth
04-24-2014, 12:26 PM
Why would anyone want to try this, when Ceri Glass is like 10 bucks and works flawlessly???

I'd stick with the CarPro stuff.

Gearhead
04-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Ok so it sounds like I would be better with the carpro. Add another thing to my wishlist.

Gokite
04-24-2014, 01:17 PM
You really only need one glass pad. The Griots seems to be sold in threes for the pad and the bottle of polish is perhaps larger than it needs to be if you are a hobbyist like me.

So you wind up spending double.

I'm sure the GG products work well and this would be a benefit to a shop or detailer who wants bulk for the savings up front.

For me, I did my wife's car with the CarPro Rayon pads and Ceriglass (I also have cerium oxide but used the Ceriglass instead). This combo worked well on a 36 degree day in Chicago outside. I spritzed occasionally with DW and the glass came out fantastic.

I used it on a GG6 DA with a LC 5" BP. So Griots gets the nod for the hardware. and like I said I am sure the GG product would work well, I just needed to do only one car at the time (and I have enough left over for probably 50 more cars)...

Pirate Bman
04-24-2014, 01:56 PM
I've used Autoglym Glass Polish and I dont know how different in concept or performance it is from what you're using But I havent used a machine on it and it does a very incredible job of clearing the glass, One night after I took the GF home and sat in the car for a bit, I almost thought my window was down it was so clear! Just remembering and looking for any left over residue is a pain sometimes. ALso I do believe according to Chem Guys as a reference in genereal say you can use a sealnt and polish on glass same that used on paint. Ive been pondering to try it.

Gearhead
04-24-2014, 08:22 PM
I've used Autoglym Glass Polish and I dont know how different in concept or performance it is from what you're using But I havent used a machine on it and it does a very incredible job of clearing the glass, One night after I took the GF home and sat in the car for a bit, I almost thought my window was down it was so clear! Just remembering and looking for any left over residue is a pain sometimes. ALso I do believe according to Chem Guys as a reference in genereal say you can use a sealnt and polish on glass same that used on paint. Ive been pondering to try it.
I never heard of Autoglym. Might have to check it out.

Lowejackson
05-27-2014, 04:58 AM
The Autoglym glass polish is one of my favourites, chemical cleaners with some very mild abrasives. Nowhere near the power of Ceriglass but it is not designed to be. Works very well by hand or machine. The new version says it can reduce internal fogging but it is not really that good. As a straight forward glass cleaner it is great, also useful for cleaning wiper blades and other exterior rubber trim

frankprozzoly
05-27-2014, 05:21 AM
I have pinnacle. The compound didn't work that well with a foam pad. The sealant works ok. I got the glass buffing pads. Hope they work better

Pirate Bman
11-30-2014, 01:08 PM
I agree it's a great cleaner. I forgot the windows are up at night it does so well. But I wish I could take out all the hologram scratches I can see. But glass polish sure is a nice extra step.