PDA

View Full Version : Blue jeans color in seats

Conman50
04-23-2014, 08:39 PM
What is the best and safest way to remove blue jeans color dye from leather seats ..

DaveT435
04-23-2014, 08:53 PM
I used the Chemical Guys leather cleaner followed with their leather conditioner with good results

jamesboyy
04-23-2014, 08:57 PM
My vote goes to leather masters Dye Transfer Cleaner

PhoenixLLC
04-23-2014, 08:58 PM
What is the best and safest way to remove blue jeans color dye from leather seats ..

For me,with my few years of experience with them, I would give the nod to a steamer with a triangle head with microfiber around the head.This is the quickest and safest for me based off the many interiors I have restored and developed a solid technique with the steamer.Look up the thread on the McCulloch 1385 that should be easy to locate.Great steam unit for you to start with.

NO chemicals for cleaning,its just what I advertise and customers like.Only go chemical if in a pinch,for me.

wdmaccord
04-23-2014, 09:32 PM
Try a leather cleaner first. Agitate with a vent or concours brush to get some good suds going. I like to make a few passes with the brush, let it sit for a minute, then a couple more passes. Then wipe off the cleaner. Finish with a water wipedown. If that doesn't do it, I'll 2nd Leather Master Dye Transfer remover. I think Nick (nick@autogeek) made a thread showing how to use the dye transfer remover properly which you should be able to find on a search.

EDIT: Actually, I found this one that Bryan@autogeek did: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/71503-how-remove-leather-dye-seats.html

But, again, I'd try a leather cleaner first

Conman50
04-24-2014, 01:30 PM
Thanks guys all your infor. Is very appreciated ...

GenesisCoupe
04-24-2014, 01:47 PM
I used the Chemical Guys leather cleaner followed with their leather conditioner with good results

This! You can also use a very light dilution of an all purpose cleaner, just dont let it sit on the leather too long. You can then follow up with a leather cleaner/conditioner and i guarantee you that it will be like new.