PDA

View Full Version : Mf pads

12silvy
04-23-2014, 06:13 PM
When you are doing a one step with mf pads are you guys generally using cutting or finishing pads? I know there are a ton of variables involved in this answer. Without getting a ton of in depth answers I'm simply curious which one you use more in a one step correction?

HD.Detailing
04-23-2014, 07:55 PM
i have had great results with megs MF finishing pads and 205

Tato
04-23-2014, 09:07 PM
MF for one step I've done D301 Meg's finishing Wax and Finishing MF disc, also XMT360 and finishing disc.

However I'm seeing people using much MF cutting disc from Meg's paired with M205 and achieving great 1-step results.

As an observation, I've been instructed to 'prefer' free spindle DA (Meg's DA, GG, PCXP, or the Rupes Machines) for this setup to be optimal.

Although I like to play MF discs with the Flex, but no 'in depth answer' on this one...

Kind Regards.

mc2hill
04-25-2014, 10:11 AM
I have been able to cut & finish with D300/M105 on a cutting disc on SOME paints.

The Critic
04-25-2014, 11:08 AM
Honestly, on a one-step, the goal should just be to make the paint shiny. Defect removal would be nice, but I would not make it a priority.

The last thing you want to do, is to return a car with defects removed, but have the paint be no glossier than when you started...because of all the haze that you inflicted.

With that said, the Meg MF Finishing Discs and M205 seem to work okay, but they do not finish well enough for me on softer paints.

For a one-step, I would use a medium cut foam pad (like a Rupes yellow) and your favorite finishing polish.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-25-2014, 11:49 AM
On HARD light metallic paint, you can get away with using MF as a 1-step. Anything other than that, foam.