PDA

View Full Version : Webite Critique

DeviousDetail
04-23-2014, 04:26 PM
Hey all, I just relaunched my website and was hoping to get some opinions. Everything is up and function minus a couple of other features and all my portfolio. I do appreciate all comments.

Devious Detailing :: Home (http://www.deviousdetailing.com)

dirtdestroyer
04-23-2014, 05:24 PM
You want as much contrast as possible between background and text for readability, grey text on darker grey background does not do this. It just looks dark and unpolished because of the lack of contrast.

Pick 3 complimentary colors and stick with them. If I were you I would take the 3 main colors of your logo (white, black and the shade of red in the car outline) and rol with that, do not use any other shades or colors. I'm not a big fan of that red but to each their own.

Remove testimonials until you have some.

Your menu isn't centered.

"This is and extensive process that includes working with dual action polishers and various buffing pads and products to remove surface defects such as swirl marks or scratches." Fix this sentence.

"Paint is then carefully hand washed using our premiums surface cleansing soap and a soft microfiber wash mitts." Fix this sentence.

I only skimmed it but I'm sure other errors could be found.

TopThatDetail
04-23-2014, 05:25 PM
My question is Why is the two-step more then the paint restoration? And personally I don't like log in box and maybe that will go away when the site is live. Also why apply a glaze after doing a multi step

Pureshine
04-23-2014, 10:24 PM
I agree that the text is too dark and hard the read turn it white would be much easier to read.

DeviousDetail
04-24-2014, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the input I am working on refining everything and was aware of some grammar errors. I'll change the text tomorrow and then post on here for some more opinions. I am also working on my pricing. The login box is for my customers. I plan on changing that as well but to get the functionality that was easiest for the programming I plan on changing the logo colors as well. Again thanks for all the input.