PDA

View Full Version : Zaino reapplication & Menzerna question

Stockybod
07-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi Guys, First Post!

In the spring, I did the full detail, starting with Dawn wash and ending with 3 coats of Z2Pro. My question, is that I want to add another 3 coats or so of Z2 Pro. Would I start with a Dawn wash (thus removing the Z2), or would I just do a Z7 wash, clay, Menzerna Final Polish, and finally the Z2 Pro? It wouldn't make any sense doing a Dawn, would it?

This will be the first time using Menzerna Final Polish to remove some light swirls. Any suggestions, do's and dont's, would be appreciated. My car is an 03 530 Orient Blue Metallic (dark blue).

Thanks,
Denny
Windy City BMWCCA

LazerRed1
07-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Hi Guys, First Post!

In the spring, I did the full detail, starting with Dawn wash and ending with 3 coats of Z2Pro. My question, is that I want to add another 3 coats or so of Z2 Pro. Would I start with a Dawn wash (thus removing the Z2), or would I just do a Z7 wash, clay, Menzerna Final Polish, and finally the Z2 Pro? It wouldn't make any sense doing a Dawn, would it?

This will be the first time using Menzerna Final Polish to remove some light swirls. Any suggestions, do's and dont's, would be appreciated. My car is an 03 530 Orient Blue Metallic (dark blue).

Thanks,
Denny
Windy City BMWCCA

First, don't use Dawn. It removes wax but isn't the best for the paint. Use a cleaner or CG Citrus Wash at 4 oz to gal.

Final polish may not get the swirls, depending on how bad they are. Just have to do a section and see. If not, you may need a more aggressive polish.

After polish, rewash or wipe down with isopropal alcohol.

A1monky
07-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Zaino is no match for FP, to tell you the truth, many sealants will not be stripped with a dawn wash too. Zaino site has alot of application info also.
First Post, welcome to AG!!

Mike9825
07-19-2007, 08:30 PM
dawn belongs in the kitchen and around the house, no need for use on cars IMO. the Menzerna will take care of zaino no problem -Mike-