PDA

View Full Version : Penny at AG Customer service is seriously awesome!! (long post)

Engine37
04-23-2014, 01:27 AM
Hello everyone. Yup, this is my first post. And my first thread. I wanted to start here (instead of in the 'introductions' section) because I have QUITE a story to tell.

I discovered the site a few months ago. I've been lurking, reading, absorbing, and learning ever since.

After careful consideration I decided to go ahead and purchase a polisher, while also picking up a few other products I needed. Sooo....my I ordered a GG6", 5" backing plate, 5.5" pads, Trix cleaner, DP Trim Detailer, and some Optimum Power Clean. This was my 2nd ever order at AG.

I was VERY excited to receive this order. As you all know, a polisher is a big investment, and getting new things in the mail from AG always brightens your day.

HOWEVER, on the day my package was due to arrive via UPS, I received an email from AG saying that they had been contacted by UPS and my shipment had been damaged. They asked me to just let them know what was missing as soon as I received the package.

Here's where it gets interesting. The OPC was nowhere to be found. My receipt was not in the box. The GG6 polisher was there (with manual and accessories), but only half of its box was intact. That's not a typo...literally, half of the box was cut away for some strange reason. In spite of this, the GG6 appeared to be working just fine when I briefly plugged it in for a quick test. The other remaining items appeared to be fine too.

My theory is that the OPC may have exploded/leaked, which caused the GG6 box and my receipt to get soaked and damaged. This could have caused the original box/packaging from AG to be damaged too...maybe UPS repacked what remained from the order?

Anyway, I sent AG customer service an email explaining all the issues with my order. I also sent some pictures of the box so that they wouldn't think I was crazy. I said I would keep the GG6 because it was working fine (has lifetime warranty anyway!)

Penny at Autogeek responded very quickly and said they would send the OPC I had ordered right away. She also asked if there was a product I wanted to try or she could maybe offer me a discount on something as compensation for the inconvenience.

So, I listed a few different things I was thinking about. I assumed that if I was lucky, she would maybe throw in one of the items I mentioned and/or another free sample or something.

Within about an hour, Penny responded and said she sent "a few items". I then received an order/shipping confirmation notice that completely blew my mind....and it all shipped out THAT SAME DAY. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Today, I received the shipment. As I expected, it included the OPC I previously ordered....oh, and 2x indigo microfiber bonnets, Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay Bundle (Clay, lube, and 2x Microfiber towels), a Cobra Waffle Weave towel, a packet of DP polishing pad rejuvenator. And 2 small white microfiber towels.

WOW! Just.....WOW! How awesome is that?!

So, in review:

1) I ordered a whole bunch of stuff.
2) My shipment was damaged by UPS.
3) AG was PROACTIVE and emailed me directly to let me know about the problem ASAP.
4) Penny at AG provided outstandingly fast and well-written email responses to my questions/concerns.
5) Penny made sure that AG shipped the necessary replacement product (OPC) THAT SAME DAY in addition to a boatload of awesome stuff to compensate me for the inconvenience and to show their appreciation for me keeping the GG6.

Needless to say, I will be an AG customer for life. It is exceptionally difficult to find customer service like this, especially when its a retailer that is primarily online. Just a phenomenal response. Clearly, AG values their customers and definitely wants to earn my business for next time.

NOTE: Please remember that my circumstances were completely unique and also very unusual. I am posting this to share my story because I was genuinely thrilled with the service I received from AG. I really don't want to give anyone the idea that these type problems are common, or that AG will be able to do for you what they did for me. Every order is different, so please don't put any unfair expectations on the nice people at AG.

While I was initially pretty disappointed to find out my shipment was damaged by UPS, AGs customer service came through for me and I really couldn't be happier.

THANK YOU PENNY AND AG!!!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-23-2014, 02:01 AM
Hi, welcome to AutoGeekOnline! Very nice introduction post!

The fine folks at PBMG set the bar for customer service for which all others are judged. This of course is my humble opinion.

BobbyG
04-23-2014, 05:47 AM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online! :props:

Autogeek customer service prides themselves on taking care of their most treasured prize.....the customer!

Autogeek's Customer Service is 2nd to none and Penny is top in her class! :dblthumb2:

Angler
04-23-2014, 10:56 AM
As Mike and Bobby posted, you will find no customer service better than that of Autogeek. Welcome and enjoy all the benefits of this great community. :dblthumb2:

parttimer
04-23-2014, 11:01 AM
Crap, why can't my stuff get mucked up on the way! I'll take a tub of Fuzion, a flex pe, some permanon.......

StangFan25
04-23-2014, 12:57 PM
*snipped*

NOTE: Please remember that my circumstances were completely unique and also very unusual. I am posting this to share my story because I was genuinely thrilled with the service I received from AG. I really don't want to give anyone the idea that these type problems are common, or that AG will be able to do for you what they did for me. Every order is different, so please don't put any unfair expectations on the nice people at AG.

That's exactly why I feel uncomfortable posting how AG has rectified things for me. I don't want people expecting the same treatment, or even worse, being untruthful about something in hopes of getting free stuff. So I've simply stated that AG CS was outstanding, which they are!

I'm not surprised she took care of you, the staff at AG, from top to bottom, is wonderful!

Bill1234
04-23-2014, 01:19 PM
Hello everyone. Yup, this is my first post. And my first thread. I wanted to start here (instead of in the 'introductions' section) because I have QUITE a story to tell.

I discovered the site a few months ago. I've been lurking, reading, absorbing, and learning ever since.

After careful consideration I decided to go ahead and purchase a polisher, while also picking up a few other products I needed. Sooo....my I ordered a GG6", 5" backing plate, 5.5" pads, Trix cleaner, DP Trim Detailer, and some Optimum Power Clean. This was my 2nd ever order at AG.

I was VERY excited to receive this order. As you all know, a polisher is a big investment, and getting new things in the mail from AG always brightens your day.

HOWEVER, on the day my package was due to arrive via UPS, I received an email from AG saying that they had been contacted by UPS and my shipment had been damaged. They asked me to just let them know what was missing as soon as I received the package.

Here's where it gets interesting. The OPC was nowhere to be found. My receipt was not in the box. The GG6 polisher was there (with manual and accessories), but only half of its box was intact. That's not a typo...literally, half of the box was cut away for some strange reason. In spite of this, the GG6 appeared to be working just fine when I briefly plugged it in for a quick test. The other remaining items appeared to be fine too.

My theory is that the OPC may have exploded/leaked, which caused the GG6 box and my receipt to get soaked and damaged. This could have caused the original box/packaging from AG to be damaged too...maybe UPS repacked what remained from the order?

Anyway, I sent AG customer service an email explaining all the issues with my order. I also sent some pictures of the box so that they wouldn't think I was crazy. I said I would keep the GG6 because it was working fine (has lifetime warranty anyway!)

Penny at Autogeek responded very quickly and said they would send the OPC I had ordered right away. She also asked if there was a product I wanted to try or she could maybe offer me a discount on something as compensation for the inconvenience.

So, I listed a few different things I was thinking about. I assumed that if I was lucky, she would maybe throw in one of the items I mentioned and/or another free sample or something.

Within about an hour, Penny responded and said she sent "a few items". I then received an order/shipping confirmation notice that completely blew my mind....and it all shipped out THAT SAME DAY. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Today, I received the shipment. As I expected, it included the OPC I previously ordered....oh, and 2x indigo microfiber bonnets, Pinnacle XMT Speed Clay Bundle (Clay, lube, and 2x Microfiber towels), a Cobra Waffle Weave towel, a packet of DP polishing pad rejuvenator. And 2 small white microfiber towels.

WOW! Just.....WOW! How awesome is that?!

So, in review:

1) I ordered a whole bunch of stuff.
2) My shipment was damaged by UPS.
3) AG was PROACTIVE and emailed me directly to let me know about the problem ASAP.
4) Penny at AG provided outstandingly fast and well-written email responses to my questions/concerns.
5) Penny made sure that AG shipped the necessary replacement product (OPC) THAT SAME DAY in addition to a boatload of awesome stuff to compensate me for the inconvenience and to show their appreciation for me keeping the GG6.

Needless to say, I will be an AG customer for life. It is exceptionally difficult to find customer service like this, especially when its a retailer that is primarily online. Just a phenomenal response. Clearly, AG values their customers and definitely wants to earn my business for next time.

While I was initially pretty disappointed to find out my shipment was damaged by UPS, AGs customer service came through for me and I really couldn't be happier.

THANK YOU PENNY AND AG!!!

I feel really bad for what happened to you. I have never gotten a damaged package or anything missing in my packages. I would personally have said you don't have to send anything, but thats just me. I think that if AG/PBM is fine with sending you it for free then by all means go ahead with it

BobbyG
04-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Not to Hi-Jack this thread but rather add additional information to exemplify how AWESOME the folks at Autogeek truly are! :props:

About a year and a half ago I received a message from UPS indicating they had destroyed my shipment to such an extent that products were leaking everywhere. UPS was returning the shipment directly to Autogeek and to contact them.

A quick call to my Dear Meghan appraising her of the situation and the necessary UPS documentation. Meghan handled everything wonderfully and it was shipped out that afternoon...

It just doesn't get any better than this!! :props:

Hail Meghan!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Engine37
04-28-2014, 03:15 PM
Good point by StangFan25. I was a little uneasy about writing the post like I did, for the same reasons you mentioned.

I thought that the whole story might help new customers feel more comfortable buying expensive items (esp. tools and DA polishers like I did), and the positive review of AG would outweigh the risk of scammer abuse. I would think that AG probably has some solid procedures in place for dealing with scams and such (any successful business needs to deal with such things).

Just02896
04-28-2014, 04:08 PM
Another vote for Penny! She helped me out with expediting a shipment so it would be received before I left for vacation! Thanks again Penny!