PDA

View Full Version : tornador black compressor???

808_detail_nut
04-22-2014, 08:48 PM
Been wanting to get a tornador black but getting a compressor out here that would be good enough would cost me too much. I was looking at craigslist and this popped up today. Anyone have one and im sure this should be good to run it right?

Air Compressor (http://honolulu.craigslist.org/mau/tls/4435502091.html)

Mike Burke
04-22-2014, 09:14 PM
I had a Tornador Black for a while.

I used a Puma 3-HP 60-Gallon that I got at a farm store for a little over $400 on sale. It ran it like I wanted. Would keep up with the pressure and not lose any performance.

But wasn't real hot on the Tornador so I sold it. I think there may be better cleaning tools to get.....

allenk4
04-22-2014, 10:18 PM
I had a Tornador Black for a while.

I used a Puma 3-HP 60-Gallon that I got at a farm store for a little over $400 on sale. It ran it like I wanted. Would keep up with the pressure and not lose any performance.

But wasn't real hot on the Tornador so I sold it. I think there may be better cleaning tools to get.....

What would you suggest as a better option?

rolop6
04-22-2014, 10:52 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the tornador either. You can get faster results with your spray bottle and a rag.

allenk4
04-22-2014, 11:08 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the tornador either. You can get faster results with your spray bottle and a rag.

Do you think it gets better results getting gunk out of cracks and crevices?

rolop6
04-23-2014, 12:02 AM
Do you think it gets better results getting gunk out of cracks and crevices?

It works don't get me wrong. Yes it gets gunk from crevices, however I can do the same with APC a microfiber towel and set of thin tools I use in a shorter time span. Plus no need to keep my generator running wile I use the tornador. I'm my opinion it just takes way too long and unless your hauling around a huge air tank you have to stop and wait. Being Mobile there are more cons over pros. Just me.

allenk4
04-23-2014, 12:07 AM
It works don't get me wrong. Yes it gets gunk from crevices, however I can do the same with APC a microfiber towel and set of thin tools I use in a shorter time span. Plus no need to keep my generator running wile I use the tornador. I'm my opinion it just takes way too long and unless your hauling around a huge air tank you have to stop and wait. Being Mobile there are more cons over pros. Just me.

I didn't think of the variable of being mobile.

808_detail_nut
04-23-2014, 01:15 AM
thanks for the response, looks cool and im always looking to try new things. I think that my vapamore and a brush will do fine. thanks again.

Mike Burke
04-23-2014, 07:01 AM
I would lean more to a steamer....which it looks like you have one.

I just didn't like the concept of the tornador blowing cleaner in all the cracks and crevices....and the vapor of cleaner in the air. Very uncontrolled way to clean I felt.

808_detail_nut
04-23-2014, 11:16 PM
Yea I just picked up a primo 100 on Craigslist last week for 220 bucks and used it on my door jambs to test and I'm impressed. Way easier than a toothbrush rag and compressor air. I been using it all over my house as well. I love this thing. Can't wait to use it on a auto carpet. Can't use mine or my wife's car because we both have black carpet.