PDA

View Full Version : Observations post CQUK

njarmstrong81
04-22-2014, 08:34 PM
I did my first wash today after doing my CQUK coating and made the following observations.

My foam cannon is not as useful it once was, it would seem. The foam doesn't stick, as I expected, but it really seems to not be as useful. It just falls off basically, no real dwell time. I am going to try a different soap, and different concentration of foam in hopes of finding a better balance.

Dirt was extremely easy to remove, washing was a breeze.

Drying was amazing, I always liked my Master Blaster - but now, the water just flies off the car. After sheeting it first the little remaining water dried off in seconds, my dry time today was next to nothing.

So far, the only downside to the coating I've found is the application of the foam - hopefully can find a way to reincorporate that into the routine.

spiralout462
04-22-2014, 09:11 PM
I don't really like to use my foam cannon every week. It takes me longer to add that step so I only bring it out when absolutely necessary, maybe once a month or when my truck has seen more time off-road than on the asphalt.

silverfox
04-23-2014, 12:40 AM
Isn't it great to see the foam slide right off? That fact alone sold me on coatings because that's exactly what I want water and associated crud to do. Wait till you see the car right after it rains or when you drive it in the rain. Seeing is believing. You'd think it washed itself. I'd never put anything else on my car again.

When I read about guys topping their coatings I just have to chuckle.

njarmstrong81
04-23-2014, 12:57 PM
Well, second test on my wifes Fiat that also has CQUK on it. I used some DP Foam I got as a sample. I used half the bottle, so about 2 ounces I am thinking. The foam was good and stuck well. Not sure if it was the soap used, CG Mr. Pink vs DP Foam - or just the amount used. I definitely used more today than normally. Going to test again with some CG CW&G next time.