PDA

View Full Version : Best odor neutralizer?

Pages : [1] 2

Abram86
04-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Im detailing two Semi tractors (interior) over the next 2 days and one specific request was that I remove the odor of cigarette smoke.
What is the best way to get rid of that odor?

Xtreme Auto

Jaddie
04-22-2014, 08:30 PM
Dear Abram

I'm an inexperienced detailer who details only his own vehicles, but once when I went on a cruise, the cabin smelled like cigarettes. The cabin steward used an ozone machine to get rid of the smell. It worked well.

Sonax is a great brand and I believe they offer an odor neutralizer, but I haven't read any reviews on it.

chrislorl
04-22-2014, 08:48 PM
I have tried many things to get rid of the wet dog smell from two huskys in my back seat (dogs, not dates) and recently tried Duragloss Absorb-It Odor Eliminator #371 (http://autogeek.commerce-search.net/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autogeek.net%2Fdurag loss-absorb-it-odor-eliminator.html) .
I will tell you it has knocked out the odor and remained. It truly has eliminated the wet dog smell.

Sterling138
04-22-2014, 09:58 PM
Go to your local janitorial store and get a smoke odor neutralizer cost you around $10.00 and your problem will be resolved!

Abram86
04-22-2014, 10:32 PM
Go to your local janitorial store and get a smoke odor neutralizer cost you around $10.00 and your problem will be resolved!

I went and found a janitorial odor neutralizer bomb that will take care of it. Hopefully it works.

Xtreme Auto

crober53
04-22-2014, 10:38 PM
I use Dakota odor bombs. Used in my truck and customers. Everyone loves the Pacific breeze. Haven't had a complaint yet. For really heavy bad odors I use a hydroxyl generator. Ozone IMO is bad stuff.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AG Online

aztec1987
04-22-2014, 11:52 PM
I been wanting to do that too! I cannot get my brothers car to smell fresh again.

Dr Oldz
04-23-2014, 01:02 AM
Carpro So2pure works really well.

davey g-force
04-23-2014, 01:07 AM
I've heard that the new Meguiars odor bombs work well.

That, and a thorough cleaning of EVERY interior surface.

AeroCleanse
04-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Vapor steam and ozone will take care of it

toycar18
04-23-2014, 11:32 AM
Ozone works great. Try it first. You can rent a machine. Run for 3-4 hours and check the next day. Ozone is a strong oxidizer and burn you lungs. Shut machine off and vent with fresh air for 10 min. You may need to hold breath to prevent from breathing when shutting off and opening doors.

I use ozone all the time in the carpet cleaning industry for houses. If that doesn't remove 100% try again. If still no luck everything needs to be wiped down with a product specifically for smoke odors.

Look to the fire restoration industry for solutions that work the 1st time.

We use a specific cleaner called Smoke Off for fabrics and carpet. You also can wipe down everything with smoke off. It is highly concentrated and will clean thousands of square foot of carpet. Don't over do the dilution ratio. I would actually recommend cutting it in half of the recommended amount.

Make sure you use Hot Water Extraction if using on fabrics. It should be fine to on hard surfaces at very low dilution ration like 100 to 1 or 50 to 1. Water to Smoke off

Smoke Off (http://www.proschoice.com/html/smoke_off.html)

toycar18
04-23-2014, 11:33 AM
I went and found a janitorial odor neutralizer bomb that will take care of it. Hopefully it works.

Xtreme Auto

This works well too

Fire-D is a good one.

ScottB
04-23-2014, 07:34 PM
Carpro So2pure works really well.

:iagree:

builthatch
04-23-2014, 08:12 PM
i like cleaning everything thoroughly, paying particular attention to headliner/upholstery/etc. and then i use this product called Blast!; it's almost like an epoxy concept but a deodorizing "bomb". you mix the two granulated components together in bag and leave it in the car for a day. then 1z Klima through the vents to remove the harsh chlorine-type smell of Blast!.

overall i prefer that system to permanently rid the vehicle of pretty much any smell.

WillWashesCars
04-23-2014, 08:13 PM
I am beginning to really like using Dr. Beasley's Neutra-Scent (http://itsbetterwaxed.com/dr-beasleys-neutra-scent/). But please bare in mind that you should first eliminate the source of the smell. And do this properly whether that be through steam, extraction, or just vacuuming and removing the source all-together (like dirty socks).