PDA

View Full Version : We (I) learn something new everyday

DogRescuer
04-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Hey there I learned that dwell time is very important for things to work properly. When I detail a car I always do my tires/wheels first I was spraying apc on tire and quickly scrubbing the tire not allowing the product to really go to work. Now I let it sit (im not sure the Ideal dwell x ) and go to work.

But there is a ? in all this and it is:

How do I allow dwell x when im in the sun? Even when its 75 the direct sun can dry that apc out on those black tires?

dirtdestroyer
04-22-2014, 03:51 PM
Hey there I learned that dwell time is very important for things to work properly. When I detail a car I always do my tires/wheels first I was spraying apc on tire and quickly scrubbing the tire not allowing the product to really go to work. Now I let it sit (im not sure the Ideal dwell x ) and go to work.

How do I allow dwell x when im in the sun? Even when its 75 the direct sun can dry that apc out on those black tires?

The only real answer I have is wash under a pop up tent or in a garage.

DogRescuer
04-22-2014, 03:58 PM
The only real answer I have is wash under a pop up tent or in a garage.

Thanks yes that's ideal but we cant always have ideal situations.

dirtdestroyer
04-22-2014, 04:02 PM

Where is it that you can't use a pop up?

Optimal would be in a garage, less than optimal like mobile out comes the popup. The only other option I can see is doing it on an overcast day and if this is a pro detail that isn't usually an option.

Flash Gordon
04-22-2014, 04:15 PM

You move the car to where the Sun isn't hitting it, i.e. move the car 180 degrees

You gotta use your noodle man!!

I rarely learn anything new in this business. Probably why I'm so tired of it. There is no challenge anymore

jamesboyy
04-22-2014, 04:24 PM
Yes dwell times are important for most products to work thought if your this for fun( your own pleasure) then get a tent or wait till its late in the afternoon but if you doing this as a profession then buy a stronger product

DogRescuer
04-22-2014, 05:13 PM
You move the car to where the Sun isn't hitting it, i.e. move the car 180 degrees

You gotta use your noodle man!!

I rarely learn anything new in this business. Probably why I'm so tired of it. There is no challenge anymore

Thanks and sorry you've learned everything but as for the rest of us puny people we ask questions.
And I do use my noodle man

DogRescuer
04-22-2014, 06:40 PM
okay thanks guys