PDA

View Full Version : Sealants: Slow vs Fast curing times

Pages : [1] 2

Methodical
04-22-2014, 01:40 PM
There are various types of sealants on the market. Those that must cure from 12-36 hours and those that you can put on and take off immediately and top coat immediately with long lasting protection similar to the ones that need to cure. Then there's the spray on sealants.

Question. What are you'll thoughts on these different types of sealants? When is either best used?

By the way, I use a sealant that requires 12-24 hour curing time before top coating.

Thoughts, please.

Thanks...Al

FUNX650
04-22-2014, 02:30 PM
I'm not familiar with the Sealants that have no cure time.
I'm curious as to what their names are.

Bob

808_detail_nut
04-22-2014, 02:35 PM
I use Poorboys EX-P and I usually top it with Aqua wax right before I return it to a customer. If I could I would wait a bit more but people want their cars back so it is what it is. I also have never heard of a sealent that has no cure time.

Methodical
04-22-2014, 03:24 PM
I'm not familiar with the Sealants that have no cure time.
I'm curious as to what their names are.

Bob

I found this product online. I can't provide a link though

Adams Liquid Paint Sealant

NO MORE LONG CURE TIMES - our previous generation product required 30 or more minutes to setup and wasn't ready to be topped with other products for at least a day. Now, with Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant, you can apply and remove the product as fast as it hazes up and layer immediately for additional protection and stunning results. Now you can apply our most durable product in a matter of minutes, not days!

sgtk
04-22-2014, 03:36 PM
I have a can of the product you mentioned and have yet to use it. Should be trying it soon. Their forum users boast well about it, but then again they do about everything that company offers.

FUNX650
04-22-2014, 04:06 PM

NO MORE LONG CURE TIMES - our previous generation product required 30 or more minutes to setup and wasn't ready to be topped with other products for at least a day. Now, with Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant, you can apply and remove the product as fast as it hazes up and layer immediately for additional protection and stunning results. Now you can apply our most durable product in a matter of minutes, not days!
Hooray...Finally!
Sounds like a "breakthrough product".
I'm sure there will be many copy-cat products to follow in its footsteps. Hopefully some of them will even be available right here on AGO!

Bob

DirtyBlackHoe
04-22-2014, 04:12 PM
I have and use the Adam's Paint Sealant...I normally apply it to the whole vehicle, and then let it sit for 10 minutes or so before I wipe it off. I have had no issues with it and will be waiting to see how long it lasts.

I know their product that this replaced took 12-18 hours to fully cure and it EASILY lasted 6 months. This is supposed to last just as long if not longer so we shall see!

Methodical
04-22-2014, 04:21 PM
I have and use the Adam's Paint Sealant...I normally apply it to the whole vehicle, and then let it sit for 10 minutes or so before I wipe it off. I have had no issues with it and will be waiting to see how long it lasts.

I know their product that this replaced took 12-18 hours to fully cure and it EASILY lasted 6 months. This is supposed to last just as long if not longer so we shall see!

Cool. I hope to hear some feedback by users soon. I guess this could be a game changer. I hope the tester only used the sealant and no topcoat to test durability. The topcoat will skew the results.

Thanks

Paintxpert
04-22-2014, 04:50 PM
I used the DP coating. I wipe it on, and buff it off the way the directions state. I hope I'm doing it right. I know you don't want the DP drying without leveling it. I made that mistake. I had to polish hard to level it later. I am still getting used to coatings and sealers. They do have a place. I like the way they look. Not as good as carnuba, but still real nice.

JHL88
04-22-2014, 04:54 PM

I have that paint sealant too and used it a couple times. Can't really comment on the longevity but the ease of use is great, looks are good and smells like black licquish (sp?).

FUNX650
04-22-2014, 05:06 PM
I used the DP coating. I wipe it on, and buff it off the way the directions state. I hope I'm doing it right.
The OP's thread is about Sealants and their "needed cure times" (or perhaps the lack thereof).

Bob

The Guz
04-22-2014, 05:18 PM

I have it as well. The bottle actually says to wait an hour before topping. It is easy to use. I apply it to a couple panels and go back to remove. It is ready in a few min. Reminds me of applying meguiar's ultimate wax.

FUNX650
04-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Wait a minute:
Another "Adam's Thread"...(!&#%#&!)

And, even though my posts in it were well-meant:
I must have been overcome in a moment
of sincerity to, sadly, fall for it.

:(

Bob

Becciasm
04-22-2014, 06:25 PM
Wait a minute:
Another "Adam's Thread"...(!&#%#&!)

And, even though my posts in it were well-meant:
I must have been overcome in a moment
of sincerity to, sadly, fall for it.

:(

Bob

We all have moments of weakness, bob.

Sent from my VS840 4G using AG Online

rickylexus250
04-22-2014, 06:38 PM
I am also confused about Sealants, I understand that a ceramic coat or glass coat has to have a certain drying or levelling time, while a lesser sealant may have a shorter drying time BUT then there is those nano sealants they react with the paint straight away and become one.