PDA

View Full Version : Purple clay magic

Anglerbud
04-22-2014, 09:31 AM
I ran across some purple clay magic bars for .50ea at Big Lots. Are these bars for glass only or can I use them on paint?

Setec Astronomy
04-22-2014, 09:37 AM
I've never even heard of that, I went to the ClayMagic site and they say it's "New!", so I guess it didn't go over too well if it's already at Big Lots.

Still, 2 oz of clay for 50 cents is a deal too good to pass up. If it turns out to be too aggressive for paint, you can still use it for glass and wheels or on really jacked up paint--I say go for it.

trekkeruss
04-22-2014, 09:58 AM
Looks like I am going to Big Lots today! :hotrod2:

Setec Astronomy
04-22-2014, 10:05 AM

Yeah, I was so happy when they closed the one close to me, so I wouldn't go in there and buy stuff like this I don't need. This is second-best to the nickel Meguiar's clay at AutoZone or Advance whichever it was a couple of years ago, I drove all over the place to get clay and QD that I didn't need...

I already looked up the closest Big Lots...don't I know that clay is obsolete?

Flash Gordon
04-22-2014, 10:13 AM

:awesome:

Anyone who reads this from the Mphs area. Stay away from the Summer Ave location

;)

Setec Astronomy
04-28-2014, 10:16 PM
Well, I went to Big Lots tonight, and they didn't have any of that clay. They did have some Turtle Wax Platinum wheel & tire cleaner, tire shine, and...something else. Fortunately they didn't mention the ingredients in the wheel cleaner and I didn't want to buy it without knowing what was in it. So I looked up the MSDS when I got home and saw that it was similar to A2Z (and therefore something I would buy), but fortunately I was home already. Phew.

aztec1987
04-28-2014, 10:45 PM
I have a grey clay...to be honest it is not the same as the blue one!

trekkeruss
04-28-2014, 10:58 PM
My nearest BL had virtually no auto section!

Setec Astronomy
04-28-2014, 11:10 PM
My nearest BL had virtually no auto section!

Same here. There used to be another one that closed up (the one I was at tonight is about the same distance but opened some time after the other one closed). It's weird because the old one had a rather large auto section, and also the new one had a lot of name brand stuff (mostly food and soft drinks) instead of stuff that just looked like the name brand stuff. They also had Big Lots brand paper towels and paper napkins.

I don't know if something happened at Big Lots that caused the store closures and the changes.

van185
04-29-2014, 07:33 AM
I've used it on glass for a couple months now. I got several at Big Lots for $2.50 guess the price has went down. The clay feels like normal clay, but I've not tried it out on the paint. I went to Nanoskin several months ago and have almost stopped using clay. BUt it's a great price and I would say that it would be fine on the paint. Mike may have to give his opinion on this one.

cshamilton
04-29-2014, 07:52 AM
I used it on some rough paint and found it wasn't as aggressive as I had imagined. It did marr the paint a little but that's to be expected. I would recommend putting in a plastic bag and into some hot water or microwaving because it's stiff.