PDA

View Full Version : AG with something like Amazon Prime? UNGH!

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
04-22-2014, 09:27 AM
I'm still waiting for my 2 orders I placed the middle of last week. Which has me pondering moving across the country to Florida so I can get my stuff quicker. If AG offered a service like Amazon's Prime would anyone here pay for it? I know I would. I'd drop $100 a year if they offered it.

Riff
04-22-2014, 09:32 AM
Being just a hobby detailer, I couldn't pay that much.

refreshauto
04-22-2014, 09:34 AM
in a heart beat

Setec Astronomy
04-22-2014, 09:34 AM
A large part of the reason Amazon is able to offer Prime is because of their numerous regional warehouses. Plus they ship about a bazillion times as many packages as AG...so when they talk, shippers listen.

But if you are "pondering moving across the country" aren't you eligible for this? http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/company-forum-news-headlines/70967-west-coast-shipping.html

trekkeruss
04-22-2014, 09:36 AM
Nope. I don't need stuff badly enough that I would pay up-front to get it quicker. If I was running a business it might be different, but if I was running a business, I would manage my supplies inventory so I wouldn't run out and have to pay for expedited shipping.

RawDetail
04-22-2014, 09:44 AM
I have to admit the AG shipping could be improved. When I order from CarPro I get my order in 2 days and AG usually takes a week or more. They are both in the same state.

parttimer
04-22-2014, 09:51 AM
You choose the free 3 day upgrade when you ordered?

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
04-22-2014, 10:00 AM
A large part of the reason Amazon is able to offer Prime is because of their numerous regional warehouses. Plus they ship about a bazillion times as many packages as AG...so when they talk, shippers listen.

But if you are "pondering moving across the country" aren't you eligible for this? http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/company-forum-news-headlines/70967-west-coast-shipping.html

Okay I knew nothing about this west coast shipping holy moly thank you! HUMMM now I need to go find some stuff to order :D

Setec Astronomy
04-22-2014, 10:03 AM
Okay I knew nothing about this west coast shipping holy moly thank you! HUMMM now I need to go find some stuff to order :D

Yeah, for those of you who are eligible, it seems like they should make it automatic, or at least show it to you in the shipping options.