PDA

View Full Version : a new use for 303

Thejoyofdriving
07-19-2007, 03:12 PM
I was talking to Roger at 303 today and i was asking him some questions about 303AC, then we switched over to taliking about 303 protectant. It turns out that there are some people out there that use 303 protectant as a sealant!:eek: it never occured to me, he said that all you have to do is clean the car(wash/clay) and make sure there is no left over wax or sillicones. then spray a section of paint with 303 protectant and using a buffer work it in for a little bit. then wipe it dry compleatly, he made it very clear that you dont want any unbonded 303 on the paint as it will atract dirt. He also said that it provides beading, along with protection. this sounds really innteresting and i am thinking of trying it. BTW he also mentioned that it can be used on glass aswell and it will act kind of like rain x.

Cobra04
07-19-2007, 05:01 PM
:eek:

i def wanna here more on this.....

Thejoyofdriving
07-19-2007, 11:05 PM
:eek:

i def wanna here more on this.....

I cant wait to try it, i wonder how it will compare with paint sealants? Not many people do this and acctualy 303 does not tell people about this use because they say it is easy for the avarage joe to f up his paint with a buffer, also he said that some people (noobs)apply it to a dirty car, which also is bad. He told me the only reason he was telling me about this is because he knows that im in the detailing buissnes. I also wonder if it can be topped with a wax, that would be interesting. I will probably do a test sometime with in the next week or 2, i will be sure to post pics:D

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-19-2007, 11:11 PM
WOW, that sounds pretty loco!!

keep us posted please!

Thejoyofdriving
07-20-2007, 12:01 AM
WOW, that sounds pretty loco!!

keep us posted please!

I shall! :cheers:

supercharged
07-20-2007, 12:03 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Sealant or not, my car ain't gonna be a lab rat and that's for sure.
I was once gonna use it as sun block lotion...:eek: :eek: :eek:

richy
07-20-2007, 12:05 AM
I've been using it on door jams for a while (that are clean). It makes them shine very well..just not sure for how long.

Thejoyofdriving
07-20-2007, 12:14 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Sealant or not, my car ain't gonna be a lab rat and that's for sure.
I was once gonna use it as sun block lotion...:eek: :eek: :eek:
Theres nothing to worry about 303 its 100% clear coat safe.

sparkie
07-20-2007, 03:41 AM
I cant wait to try it, i wonder how it will compare with paint sealants? Not many people do this and acctualy 303 does not tell people about this use because they say it is easy for the avarage joe to f up his paint with a buffer, also he said that some people (noobs)apply it to a dirty car, which also is bad. He told me the only reason he was telling me about this is because he knows that im in the detailing buissnes. I also wonder if it can be topped with a wax, that would be interesting. I will probably do a test sometime with in the next week or 2, i will be sure to post pics:D
Keep us updated....