PDA

View Full Version : Sonax Polymer Net Shield Questions

BTLew81
04-21-2014, 12:24 PM
This product has intrigued me for a long while. Seems to offer a 'coating type' finish and benefits while being 'easier' to use and not as picky with prep.

What are thoughts on this as a stand alone LSP, meaning not over a coating. Is it worth it? Also, can it be applied over a typical sealant?

What are your experiences with it in terms of application? Any tips for upkeep, or just use the Sonax Detailer?

I'm very interested, but want some thoughts before I take the plunge. BTW, car is a dark grey, aka 'platinium grey metallic.'

Thanks.

zmcgovern45
04-21-2014, 12:55 PM
This is a sealant... so not sure why you would apply it over another sealant? I also would not describe the finish to be "coating like". The hydrophobic properties rival (and possibly exceed) some coatings though if that is what you mean.

It is a great choice for a stand along LSP. Application is straight forward, but it takes a while compared to other LSPs because you have to work in small sections to avoid any streaking issues.

SBSD is a great QD that would surely work well on top of SPNS.

BTLew81
04-21-2014, 01:05 PM
Thank you. I meant coating like in the water behavior properties. Great help. Thank you.

Rsurfer
04-21-2014, 01:12 PM
If you like tall, round and tight beads this sealant will deliver.

BTLew81
04-21-2014, 11:23 PM
Thanks. Would it be ok to use over something like prima amigo or black hole? Or maybe that's not suggested?

zerix
04-21-2014, 11:47 PM
Just polish out the paint the way you want, or if your paint is already swirl-free, just make sure its free of contamination and simply work in small areas, wipe on, wipe off and you're good to go. Prep the surface with whatever you like, IPA wipedown, CarPro Eraser, DP Prep polish or similar, etc. You can use it on paint/side glass/trim/rubber/chrome.

Sonax BSD is a great product and can be used when you feel like the beading is starting to fall off. I wouldn't necessarily used it as a drying aid, it works better on dry paint and used very sparingly. Do NOT use in the sun or on a hot panel, it will streak badly.

Here are some application videos:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsF2lK2AtPU]Sonax Polymer NetShield - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DlnUcEecqI]Product Showcase: Sonax Polymer Net Shield - YouTube[/video]

EVOlved
04-21-2014, 11:50 PM
I have used it for four applications now by itself and it works wonderfully. Extremely hydrophobic lasts a fair amount of time and adds a little depth not as much as most nubas to metallic paint but still some.

BTLew81
04-22-2014, 01:22 PM
I've heard that you can safely use the Sonax Paint Cleaner that contains carnauba. I think it was over on DD. Can anyone confirm this?

wompasaurus
04-22-2014, 01:39 PM
I've topped nuba with net shield but I can't say how long it lasts as I change my wax every week to every other week just to find new systems I like

BTLew81
04-22-2014, 02:57 PM
wompasaurus...are you referring to the Sonax PC with Carnauba?

autoenvy
04-22-2014, 04:01 PM
I have used Sonax Hybrid NPT Paint cleaner then topped off with PNS. Just the Paint cleaner alone has lasted 4 months on my truck and is still holding strong. I'll update how the PNS holds up on top of it but everything I have read the NPT contains a nano net sealant so in theory Net Shield should layer just fine

Sent from my HTC One X using AG Online