PDA

View Full Version : Lawnmower chips my car!

trekkeruss
04-21-2014, 10:57 AM
Where I work I have to find street parking. After work on Saturday I came back to my car to find the passenger side covered in grass clippings and dirt from the strip of grass between the curb and sidewalk being mowed. Today I washed my Element and discovered that there is now a small chip on the lower part of the front door. :mad:

Gokite
04-21-2014, 11:18 AM
Did you take a picture? I would have and called the lawn service. They should mow with the grass thrown inward, not toward cars...

Flash Gordon
04-21-2014, 01:07 PM
Hate to say it, but you will have a hard time proving they did this. If you call, remain calm. They may offer to fix it (or partially) to keep the peace

topKek
04-21-2014, 02:28 PM
I've had the lawn service rub against the bumper of a car w/ a mower (the grass was in front of the car), leaving a noticeable scratch.

I'm beginning to think the only time your car is safe is when you stand right next to it OCing.

trekkeruss
04-21-2014, 07:15 PM
Did you take a picture? I would have and called the lawn service. They should mow with the grass thrown inward, not toward cars...

This was on a residential street, one where I doubt there is a lawn care service hired by a homeowners association. It was likely done by the resident, and I am not about to knock on that person's door. It's a very very small chip, after all. I just feel bad about it, and chalk it up to s*** happens.

VISITOR
04-21-2014, 07:23 PM
my neighbor's lawn service are nice, after they get done they use a gas leaf blower and blow all the dirt and grass onto my car and sometimes onto our driveway as well...

tpr1634
04-21-2014, 07:32 PM
my neighbor's lawn service are nice, after they get done they use a gas leaf blower and blow all the dirt and grass onto my car and sometimes onto our driveway as well...

Very thoughtful people.:buffing:

novaman
04-21-2014, 07:55 PM
Yea, i know what you guy's mean. Here in Naples Florida, there are tons on lawn service people. One Sunday i spent all day washing and waxing my 25,000 mile Lincoln LS. Next day the wife and I went to Panera Bread here in Naples. I parked my car away from all the other cars (door dings I hate) and about half hour after I got there a lawn service blew lot grime and stones all over my Lincoln. By the time I realize what had happened the lawn service were in another lot doing the same thing. I drove over where they were and got out of my car and vented at the Mexican dude about what they had done. They just stood there with stupid looks on their faces. After much yelling at them they took their blowers and tried to blow the crap off my car. It didn't help much. It made me furious for the rest of the day. I spent hours and hours on the car.

So now I always look for lawn service trucks in parking lots before I park my car.

novaman

Real Riders
04-21-2014, 10:56 PM
The chips could be caused by a weed eater. I know a man who was driving down the Interstate with his Dodge Caravan. The WV State Road crew was mowing and running weed eaters. A rock flew in the air from a weed eater and blew out the side window. The state of WV paid for a new window