PDA

View Full Version : Chemical guys V7, attracting dust!

Lumi
04-21-2014, 08:49 AM
I keep trying to use V7 on sapphire metallic bmw and jet black porsche, but i cant seem to like it like everyone else does.
On the porsche, i had a problem with streaking, and now with my bmw i have noticed it attracts a crazy amount of dust compared to a spot on the car i didnt use V7..
Anyone else have this issue?
I did notice V7 really pops the paint out and shows every imperfection if you have any..

As of using it for a week.. I rate it a 6-7/10..
Smells good, seems easy to use in the shade, leaves a nice slippery smooth surface behind, but the dust attracting and streaking in certain lights and weather with the added brightening of all imperfections haven't thrilled me for my personal use..

Poorboys qd+ i have used with alot better success with just as good finishing result if not better.

Im gonna keep trying V7 after i put blacklight+50/50 on the car, see if i can get it work better..
Ive already tryed shade, clean car, spray on paint, spray on microfiber and changed diff plushness of microfibers..

KneeDragr
04-21-2014, 08:53 AM
I bought a gallon of it to use as a drying aid after being impressed with a bottle I got to try.
After I get done with it I am going back to my old time favorite Griots Spray Wax.
My reasoning is
1.) For some reason, the beading on my car dissipates rather quickly after using V7 compared to a spray wax - even with FK1000p.
2.) Shine is similar, however I felt the Griots gave a more wet look, more depth.
3.) No difference in dust or pollen attraction.
4.) Minimal or no difference in slipperiness of paint.
5.) V7 costs quite a bit more.

EvolutionDetail
04-21-2014, 08:57 AM
I have used V7 and i honestly didn't like it at all.
At times i have to think hard to see if it is even worth it to use as QD.
I just don't see the protection it provides.

KneeDragr
04-21-2014, 10:34 AM

I actually feel it protects pretty well for a spray product. The reason I say this, I didnt quite buff off an area very well once, and it left a film behind that was rather difficult to remove, not so different than a wax.

But I am also wondering if the solvents in it are hazardous to whatever is beneath it - perhaps it kills the underlying LSP?

Robin.Michalik
04-21-2014, 12:52 PM
I'm having quite the opposite experience...

I find that V07 gives a really hard reflective shine (some like it, some don't) and make's the surface very slippery.

So much that when used after every weekly wash,(I wash with CG extreme body wash&wax, and use V07 as drying aid) I notice the car keeping itself pretty clean.

Considering it's pollen season and every other black car parked at work looks a whole lot more dusted over after standing there for a day... (It's basically a tarmac meadow in the middle of a forest...)

So durability is kind of a non-issue for me.

ourfear
11-23-2014, 10:25 AM
I'm having quite the opposite experience...

I find that V07 gives a really hard reflective shine (some like it, some don't) and make's the surface very slippery.

So much that when used after every weekly wash,(I wash with CG extreme body wash&wax, and use V07 as drying aid) I notice the car keeping itself pretty clean.

Considering it's pollen season and every other black car parked at work looks a whole lot more dusted over after standing there for a day... (It's basically a tarmac meadow in the middle of a forest...)

So durability is kind of a non-issue for me.

when using v7 as a drying aid, how many sprays you use on a paint? 2-4 spray?

i use v7 on dry paint, normal 5 spray...

sent from Nexus5 stock 4.4.2

WAXOFF
11-23-2014, 10:44 AM
I like V7. I always use it after a detail to seal. Usually over Collinite 845. I've never had a dust problem.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
11-23-2014, 11:14 AM
How much product are you using per panel OP? I find that many overuse and end up with streaking. With V07, 2 sprays per hood and roof, and one spray per other panels. And lubricate your MF towel with a spray first.

aim4squirrels
11-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Try giving it a final buff with a very soft towel and see how that does for you. Seems to smooth the product and really increase perceived slickness, to me anyway.

The beading on V7 is indeed very different than a carnauba based product. The beads are irregular shaped and it tends to favor sheeting over beading. I think that might be why the beads are irregular, as the water starts to slide off with a smaller mass than with traditional waxes.

toycar18
11-23-2014, 12:13 PM

+ 1

VISITOR
11-23-2014, 06:47 PM
use dg rinseless wash diluted to a QD , it will give you some excellent cleaning/lubricity while offering some protection from the ever so popular aquawax...

Mizzoutiger
11-23-2014, 09:50 PM
I use/love CG V7 ... BFWD Polymer Sealant and Adam's Detail Sprays!

ourfear
11-24-2014, 12:27 AM
I like V7. I always use it after a detail to seal. Usually over Collinite 845. I've never had a dust problem.

hi , when buff 845 and then spray v7, v7 will wipe 845 or not? as i know 845 need at least 6 hours to curing...

sent from Nexus5 stock 4.4.2

nick the greek
11-24-2014, 03:20 AM
I have used all (and I mean literally all-except Swissvax and Definitive Wax) the QD sprays which are available in the market (for example I have tried the Presto QD from Polish Angel). I found that for my black metallic Opel Vectra the CG HV7 gives the best shine (with Zaino Z6) and is the one with Z6, Prima slick and FK 425, that attracts the less dust. Never had streaking issues even under the Greek hot sun. I think is the best overall QD available now but the price should be a little lower.

trashmanssd
11-24-2014, 08:55 AM
I am very mixed with it. Like the shine and slickness it seems to add right away. But seems to leave either a film or it removes other LSP or something areas I have used it seem to lose there beading after tried it on half the truck once to see and damned if that side didn't lose a lot of its beading qualities. Same side also got dirtier quicker. I won't order it again expensive product with mixed results there are better choices out there.