PDA

View Full Version : Car cleaned / maintained with Waterless Wash - Can it be detailed?

puma1824
04-20-2014, 09:17 PM
Both my cars have been cleaned and maintained with a waterless wash (Meguiars D115 - Express Wash & Wax) and sometimes followed up with Dodo Juice Basics of Bling Detailing Spray for several weeks now. Since they're both still clean can I proceed on claying, polishing and waxing?

Anyone have any experience detailing this way? If so, any issues I need to know about? Have you found results to be the same as using a two-bucket wash instead?

Thanks in advance.

A2D Signature
04-20-2014, 10:15 PM
Wash your car first using two bucket method.

Proceed to clay with a good lubricant. Polish, Seal, then Wax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirtdestroyer
04-20-2014, 10:24 PM
Any time you feel the need to decontaminate and polish it is well overdue for a 2 bucket wash in my opinion.

puma1824
04-21-2014, 03:29 PM
This was a response from another forum from a respected poster...thoughts?

"Clean is clean... As long as the surface is freshly cleaned, then you can proceed to detail it...."

dirtdestroyer
04-21-2014, 04:00 PM
Clean is clean, if you have not done more than a waterless wash in say a month and need to decontaminate and polish it's hard to fathom it being clean. If the LSP is upkept or its a garage queen I can see WW working (like on a classic) but then you wouldn't need to repolish or decontaminate. Better safe than sorry in my opinion. All and all it comes down to your choice and you are the one who can see the vehicle, feel the paint and so on but it seems you posted the question looking for confirmation of your opinion rather than advice. I only really use WW on clasics because the chance of rust scares the crap out of me. I'm not saying it can't work but if you plan to decontaminate and it's in need of a polish chances are it's dirtier than a garage queen. You may consider ironx too in which case you have no choice but to rinse.

I'm sure other opinions will differ but we are all generalizing as we are not there.

Chrono
04-21-2014, 04:03 PM
I can't imagine a bucket-less, hose-less wash being the same as a waterless, no matter what it looks like. If the water and hose is an issue, go to a self-serve car wash and use the wand ONLY, no chemicals, and give it a good spray. Then bring it home and do your waterless. Then clay.

puma1824
04-21-2014, 07:55 PM
Thanks everyone for your input. I'm going to play it safe and break out the buckets :)

Feel free to keep the comment coming. Always nice to get other opinions/views.

Once again thanks everyone!

VP Mark
04-21-2014, 08:59 PM
I've detailed hundreds of vehicles proceeding a rinseless/waterless wash. I can count the amount of problems I've had on no fingers.

puma1824
04-22-2014, 07:33 AM
I've detailed hundreds of vehicles proceeding a rinseless/waterless wash. I can count the amount of problems I've had on no fingers.

Thanks for your input. Maybe I should if made this threat a poll as well :)

Chrono
04-22-2014, 07:50 AM

But you're obviously a pro. You know what to look for. I think the OP is comming at this like me, as a weekend warrior enthusiast.

As wonderful as the No-Rinse phenomenon is, there's nothing like a blast of water to wash off impurities, and it costs nickels.