PDA

View Full Version : Critique my process...

Cobra04
07-19-2007, 01:31 PM
This is on a silver'ish '99 accord. Light-medium swirls, nuthing to bad. Paint is in fairly good condition actually as far as having held its gloss. Anyway, ill be using this UDM for the first time....

-Wash with DP ultra foam + using the correct ratio of Megs body solvent, ill use a spray bottle and spray it on each panel before i foam it, then wash/ rinse as usual.

-Clay with DP clay and DP clay lube.

-Rewash again, again with the body solvent to make sure i get everything off (Theres allotta crap like tar and stuff on this car)

-Dry

Now onto the polishing

-XMT 360 with a CCS white pad with the UDM. (on speed 5 or 6?)

-Klasse sealent glaze with the ultra soft red pad

-Possibly some souveran if i feel like it, not worried about the ultimate glass on this ride to much, going mainly for protection.

Questions.... Should I use klasse AIO before the klasse sealent glaze? Can AIO be applied by hand with just as good results? Any other comments or opinions? Tips?

Also, Im not using a stopwatch, ill be doing about a 2x2 foot area and i think im gonna stop when i see the polish has totally broken down. I may use my cell phone though and keep an eye on how much time passes, how long should it take 360 to break down?

With 360 correcting swirls should i still go slow like in the video of the #3, then about 2/3rd's of the way through start moving faster?

Klasse is fine to use over 360 right?

Thanks, and again all suggestion and tips are welcome and appreciated:D :)

D
07-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Dont use AIO over 360. They are very similar and will actually remove one another.

360 should be worked in on speed 5 with whatever pad is needed. Work it really slow, with the pad 100% level until the polish disappears. It should only take 1-3 passes for this to happen.

Al-53
07-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Klasse AIO then SG...SG will not bond properly to a silicone polymer....I have tried using SG over a few products other than AIO and results were sub par....When using SG it best to use AIO or another acrylic type product..its just the Nature of Klasse...thats why they are called the Klasse Twins...made for each other...

When used together its a outstanding protection system....it has shimmer and Gleam..but no real depth....you can top with a wax later....but once you do ...that ends further applications of SG until you clean the paint again....2 coats of SG and a wax is very nice...

Al

Cobra04
07-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Klasse AIO then SG...SG will not bond properly to a silicone polymer....I have tried using SG over a few products other than AIO and results were sub par....When using SG it best to use AIO or another acrylic type product..its just the Nature of Klasse...thats why they are called the Klasse Twins...made for each other...

When used together its a outstanding protection system....it has shimmer and Gleam..but no real depth....you can top with a wax later....but once you do ...that ends further applications of SG until you clean the paint again....2 coats of SG and a wax is very nice...

Al

360 has silicone in it?? Isn't that bad for paint?

D
07-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Some say yes, some say no. I think there are good and bad types of silicones.

Al-53
07-19-2007, 04:27 PM
no...there are many types of silicone...and the ones used in sealant are not bad..its actually a silicone polymer and not a oil type silicone..alot of the cheaper tire shines are silicone oils..always wet and sling....

The basic raw material for the silicone industry is silica - a plentiful, naturally occurring resource in the form of sand....

I would get into it more deeply but will confuse you...lol....

any ways the silicone polymers in sealants are not bad for paint..in fact some car paints have it in them....

Al

Cobra04
07-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Oh ook, thanks for the clarification.

Also...just making sure... the 5 inch backing plate that comes with this UDM is ok to use with the 6.5 inch ccs pads right?