PDA

View Full Version : Quick Review: Poorboys, Wolfgang, Chem Guys

Bunky
04-20-2014, 05:11 PM
Some reviews for some products I have recently used.

Extreme Body Wash and Synthetic Wax

Source: sample from a trade

Scent/Color: Grape / reddish more than purple
Dilution: Used 1 oz to 3 gallons (never use as diluted as CG)
Foam: Moderate frothy airy suds. Suds did not really build in rinse bucket. I have a water softener.
Cleaning: Very good
Rinsing/Drying: Very good
Slickness: Very good
Gloss: Seems to have some added gloss but I was topping it anyway

Summary: It cleaned and rinsed well. The least sudsy CG soap I have used but not saying that is a negative.

Poorboy's QD+ Quick Detailer with Carnauba

Source: Freebie from Poorboy's
Scent: Grape? / Purple
Ease of applicaton/removal: Very good
Added slickness: Very good
Shine: Very good

Summary: It seemed like a nice detail spray. It did not standout in any one category but solid performer. The scent was a definite plus.

Wolfgang Black Oynx Tire Gel

Source: Sample from AG order

Scent/Color: Coconut ? / white
Consistency: gel
Spread: No issues using brick foam applicator. A little can go a long way.
Look: Crisp black slight sheen

Summary: This was a little of a surprise. It spreads like it is oily (little can go a long way) and left the tires crisp (lettering stands out) and black with a slight sheen. My usual favorites include Optimum Opti-Bond and the tire looked less "coated". It did not look natural any more than another tire dressing but definitely different.

jamesboyy
04-20-2014, 09:24 PM
Very nice review all three products thought out of the three products which will you buy if any

UNCkid
04-21-2014, 01:18 AM
Poorboy's QD+ Quick Detailer with Carnauba

Interested!

BobbyG
04-21-2014, 05:57 AM
Many times reviews get somewhat wordy and I have to admit I "occasionally" fall into this category...I like the way Al reviews each product hitting the more important points in a bulleted formant. This format is also easy to understand and easy on the eyes...:cheers:

Thanks for the reviews Al! :props:

Bunky
04-21-2014, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the reviews Al! :props:

LOL. Thanks.

They get short when I do not have time to plan and take pics which I almost always regret.