PDA

View Full Version : Removing buffing cast off.

MPBGT
04-20-2014, 08:38 AM
Does anyone have a magic formula for removing buffing castoff. I have a car that has buffing compound splatter in the door jambs by the hinges where it's really hard to get at. I've tried alcohol, Paint thinner would be to aggressive. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Just02896
04-20-2014, 08:43 AM
Carpro eraser works well to remove old dried compound. Any APC should also do the trick.

Paul A.
04-20-2014, 10:02 AM
I always have a clean solution of ONR mixed up and in a covered bucket and a clean WW towel for any product sling or quick hits of areas that i may encounter while i am working my way around the car. For me it works great for buffing residue in the nooks and crannies i may not have taped off and it's quick and painless to reach down and swipe away anything i see before moving on.

I used to do a complete rewash before LSP and now don't need that step thus saving time.

I will admit that just02896 has my interest piqued on carpro eraser.

MPBGT
04-20-2014, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the input. I am surprised APC worked as well as it did. With the car in the garage I allowed it to dwell quite a while then was able to use a combination of artist brushes/tooth brush and microfibers to get almost all of it out.