PDA

View Full Version : My first week with my New Mytee Lite II

Pages : [1] 2

Levithan9
04-19-2014, 08:02 PM
So last week, i bought me a new Mytee Lite II. Called a friend, we did his carpet, came out great.

Today, i did my truck. Same results. M y wife said it looked brand new.

I love it!!

Now for the cons:

The hooks to wrap the cord around are WAY TOO SMALL. I may get 3 wraps, and the long cord is falling all over the place.

If it wasn't brand new, i'd grind them off and weld on some bigger hooks. But, i'm not about to void my warranty.

Next con...and this is a BIG ONE...

The drain for the catch tank is too short!! When i go to empty it, water runs down the back side of the tank, right on to the Electrical switches. Now, the switched are covered in rubber, but how long before the rubber gets a small hole from constant on and off action. Then your in for a 120v suprise.

If they made a 3"-5" extension for the drain, this would solve that problem. In fact, i think tomorrow, i'm going to email the company some pictures of the condensation INSIDE my rubber covered switches, and see if they can't fabricate an extension piece for the rear drain.

But other than that, i love my new toy.

Maybe if enough of us say something, they will look into the matter ernestly, rather than just someone complaining.

Setec Astronomy
04-19-2014, 10:24 PM
This forum hasn't had much luck moving Mytee about anything, even to get the amperage of their units listed on their website or this one (other than drilling down into the owner's manual on the Mytee site).

dirtdestroyer
04-19-2014, 11:39 PM
Ya they have about the worst customer service of any company I've ever seen which is what made me go with a Aztec Hot Rod.

tpr1634
04-20-2014, 07:43 AM
I got mine 3 years ago, it's a nice machine if one does a lot of work I would suggest moving up to a bigger machine. The drain baffles me, on the older unit you just remove the the tank seems easier. I agree with the hooks so Mytee is 0 for 2. As far as customer support I was having a problem, I don't use mine very much I did flush system maintainer through but then it sat. I thought maybe the pump went so I email Mytee they responded I did the the steps they suggested. Turns out it was not the pump the line etc was clogged, ran some CLR through removed the connectors and cleaned. So the moral of the story is use it or just keep things moving here and there to prevent clogs and calcium build up, It might even pay to use distilled water.

Lakeside Detail
04-20-2014, 08:01 AM
I also have a 2014 mytee lite. So far I like it but like you said its not perfect.

I lean my machine back pretty much until the handle is hitting the ground and then unscrew the drain cap. Just keep a eye to make sure the water doesn't go down the vacuum motor if you tank is really full. Seems to help but its still a problem.

How long does you machine keep the water hot after the heater turns off? I run mine off a generator, so I can hear the generator idle down when the heater turns off. I then start extracting and only get about 3-4 really hot passes until the water goes to warm. Plenty of really hot water do deal with spot stains but if you want to extract a whole interior with really hot water you will be waiting on the machine quite a bit.

I have been hitting stains with really hot water and extracting the rest of the carpet with warm water.

I always disconnect the stainless extractor tool and put it in the basket, seems to make reeling the hose a little easier

I really like the machine as of right now. It gets the job done thats for sure.

BobbyG
04-20-2014, 08:14 AM
For a hot water extractor in this price range I would expect the engineer to place the drain in an appropriate location and I do not consider directly above the switch panel to be appropriate.

This is not the first thread I've read where Mytee's customer service rates damn near the bottom which again bothers me.

When I do decide to purchase a new hot water extractor I'll be doing a lot of homework to ensure I'm receiving the biggest bang for my buck....

OP - Thank you for giving the Mytee Lite II a review and honestly listing its pro's & con's...:props:

Setec Astronomy
04-20-2014, 08:24 AM
When I do decide to purchase a new hot water extractor I'll be doing a lot of homework to ensure I'm receiving the biggest bang for my buck....

This is the quandary--I don't think you can get a similar extractor for anywhere near the price. For the amount I would use it, it's hard for me to even justify the cost of a Lite II, forget about a better-designed machine that costs twice as much. I always presumed that the Lite would work for me because I wouldn't be using it every day, but there just seem to be so many questions about the machine. It really bothers me that they don't tell you upfront that the machine requires a 20-amp circuit, and they recommend a NON-GFCI outlet...which seems a little strange for a machine that is full of water and sprays it at 100 psi....or dribbles onto the switches.

BobbyG
04-20-2014, 11:03 AM
Hey Setec,

I know they're very expensive and the price of the Mytee Lite ll makes it very attractive especially when it relates to performance and it appears the Mytee Lite ll is all over that. :props:

Have you ever tried compiling a list of questions and submitting it directly to Mytee? And if you do have a list I think it would be great to post it here and maybe we could get answers to most of them and then we'd all become more knowledgeable, lord knows I could use it! :laughing:

Setec Astronomy
04-20-2014, 11:14 AM
I know they're very expensive and the price of the Mytee Lite ll makes it very attractive especially when it relates to performance and it appears the Mytee Lite ll is all over that. :props:

Have you ever tried compiling a list of questions and submitting it directly to Mytee? And if you do have a list I think it would be great to post it here and maybe we could get answers to most of them and then we'd all become more knowledgeable, lord knows I could use it! :laughing:

Yeah, whenever there is a no-exclusion sale (like today), I think about pulling the trigger on a Mytee Lite II, but it's all these nagging issues that keep me from doing it.

I don't really have any questions, just doubts. One of those other threads about problems with this unit made me look at the manual, where I gleaned the info about the power requirements, I also looked at the schematic and was a little disturbed about the lack of internal circuit protection (fuses or breakers) given the problems related and the moisture in proximity to the electricals. Shoot, even cheap vacuums have thermal cutouts.

Flash Gordon
04-20-2014, 11:15 AM
Ya they have about the worst customer service of any company I've ever seen which is what made me go with a Aztec Hot Rod.

I was about to purchase a Mytee until I read about their horrible customer service. I ended up going with the Aztec as well

Setec Astronomy
04-20-2014, 11:22 AM
I was about to purchase a Mytee until I read about their horrible customer service. I ended up going with the Aztec as well

At first blush, they don't seem to be comparable units. The Mytee "looks" like an expensive extractor, while the Aztec looks like a muscular Little Green Clean Machine. It may be that the Mytee Lite just looks like its expensive brothers while being built like an Aztec.

The other small extractors like the Mytee Lite II that I've seen are $1100-1200 up to $1500-1600.

rwisejr
04-20-2014, 11:45 AM
I purchased the Aztec over the Mytee about 5 or 6 yrs ago for its more portable size . I have not been disappointed .

Flash Gordon
04-20-2014, 11:52 AM
I purchased the Aztec over the Mytee about 5 or 6 yrs ago for its more portable size . I have not been disappointed .

Me neither. It might not look like much, but it suits my needs. Sure beats using a hot bucket of water and a shop vac

Levithan9
04-20-2014, 01:00 PM
As for the hot water question...i use my bathtub water for the initial fill. Since my wife takes scalding hot showers, i have the heater control on the water heater set to "SURFACE OF THE SUN."

I put about 2 gallons in it, and turn in the hater and the pump. Then i stick the nozzle into the fill hole, and pull the trigger until hot water comes out. That way, i know the pressure line is primed and no air in the hose. Then i do my cleaning stuff with Folex, and when i'm ready to extract, same thing...nozzle still in the fill hol, pull trigger until i feel hot water coming out, switch on the vacuum...and BAM...hot water at the jet.

Here are some pics....

floor mat before...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2374/floor_mat_before.jpg

floor mat after....
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2374/medium/floor_mat_after.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/75621/size/big/cat/)

Mytee Lite II
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2374/medium/Mytee_Lite_II_2.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/75618/size/big/cat/)

One floor mat later....
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2374/medium/dirty_water2.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/75620/size/big/cat/)

dirtdestroyer
04-20-2014, 02:19 PM
Me neither. It might not look like much, but it suits my needs. Sure beats using a hot bucket of water and a shop vac

Exactly. If you pre treat the stains as you should it has no problems even with BAD carpets. Heck bad carpets can even be done by hand but it takes forever. An extractor just speeds everything up and you have less issues with carpet drying time as well. The Mytee might be more powerful but it is nowhere near as portable and seems to give very similar results to the Hot Rod when both are used properly. The manufacturer sets the price but that don't mean the price wa set based on quality or capability.