PDA

View Full Version : removing swirl marks

jon c
07-19-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm a newby at this but I have a C5 corvette with swirl marks and I just watched the oinnacle video about removing them is it this easy or do I need to do anything different with it being a Vette, I have heard that the clear on the vette is so much harder than normal????thanks for your help...jon c

Thejoyofdriving
07-19-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm a newby at this but I have a C5 corvette with swirl marks and I just watched the oinnacle video about removing them is it this easy or do I need to do anything different with it being a Vette, I have heard that the clear on the vette is so much harder than normal????thanks for your help...jon c

I have also heard that the clear on vetts is hard as well. there are tons of polishes out there that will give you what you want, it just depends on what you want. if you want no dusting, go with a optium polish or a mix of optimum and another polish. Lots of people here like menzerna polishes, i dont like them because fo the dusting and they dry way to fast. Also you can look at the xmt line and the pinnacle polishes.

6LS2
07-19-2007, 10:04 AM
jon, do you have a PC7424

greg'sgoat
07-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Menzerna 106ff should take out most everything (hard to tell without pics). Optimum compound and stepping down the optimum polish is also a great combo.