PDA

View Full Version : I hit my house with my truck!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

BlackRam
04-19-2014, 12:16 PM
I need some help guys. I was pulling out of my driveway and my front passenger side scraped the siding of my house. There was not paint transfer onto the house, but there was siding transfer onto the truck. I tried to peel off the siding and only a few scraps came off. I then did a rinseless wash on the part of the truck, then put a White LC CSS pad with WGTSR on my GG6 speed 5. Some of the siding transfer came off, but some seems "engraved in the paint". There is even a piece, around the tail light where it looks chipped almost.

I don't know what to do guys, the truck is my baby (so is my wife, she is pregnant not fat in the picture). Should I go to an orange pad with the Uber compoound? Do I apply touch up paint? I dont have the money to take it anywhere and I want to do it myself anyway.

Any assistance, guidance, miracles, would be appreciated.

Thank you!!!

BlackRam
04-19-2014, 12:18 PM
I actually labeled a few wrong, any of the ones that have water in the are Afters, but you get the idea

And the After so Far Pics:

Setec Astronomy
04-19-2014, 12:26 PM
I take it this was some kind of vinyl siding? Or wood? Something else?

Flash Gordon
04-19-2014, 12:28 PM
I need some help guys. I was pulling out of my driveway and my front passenger side scraped the siding of my house. There was not paint transfer onto the house, but there was siding transfer onto the truck. I tried to peel off the siding and only a few scraps came off. I then did a rinseless wash on the part of the truck, then put a White LC CSS pad with WGTSR on my GG6 speed 5. Some of the siding transfer came off, but some seems "engraved in the paint". There is even a piece, around the tail light where it looks chipped almost.

I don't know what to do guys, the truck is my baby (so is my wife, she is pregnant not fat in the picture). Should I go to an orange pad with the Uber compoound? Do I apply touch up paint? I dont have the money to take it anywhere and I want to do it myself anyway.

Any assistance, guidance, miracles, would be appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Can you catch your fingernail on the scratch(es)

Funny comment on wife. She may only big pregnant now, but plan on her getting fat later down the line

hernandez.art13
04-19-2014, 12:33 PM
This is what I would do, (is it wrong? who knows but it worked for me) my Mom did the same thing on her red prius, she backed up and scraped the yellow gasoline station poles. (Didn't take any pictures, not really the time to take pictures when my Mom is all sad, so sorry AGO)

Well there was paint transfer, but I knew I could take a significant amount out. Here is what I did.

M105
lake country orange pad 5.5" and just did it all by hand.
It really wasn't necessary IMO to bring out the big guns.

I then did M205 with white pad then just waxed it and she took it to my uncles shop to get the dent pulled out.

IMO the white pad the the Total swirl remover (haven't used it, but assuming it is like M205) doesn't have enough cut.

the uber compound would be a better choice since the swirl remover didn't work.

if done by hand just do it slowly and little to no pressure.

Working by hand can be really gentle but can be very aggressive, so be careful not to burn the paint.

just my 2 cents and trying to help,

Good Luck,
Art

BlackRam
04-19-2014, 01:30 PM
Its vinyl siding. There aren't any dents just scratches. I'll try the uber with orange pad. U think that will do it? Is touch up paint needed? Im distraught.

hernandez.art13
04-19-2014, 01:35 PM
I don't want to say yes or no. That will be up to you and the results you get and if your happy with them.

but go try it and see the results and report back. Pictures please...

Also careful not to burn the paint if your doing it by hand.

BlackRam
04-19-2014, 02:15 PM
Thanks man. The uber on orange helped then all i had was a yellow foam wax applicator pad, i did that as well then stopped. Then i put touch up paint over the scratches/ transfer and called it a day. How long do i have to wait to light polish to smooth out?

brondondolon
04-19-2014, 02:26 PM
lol i have the same truck and did something kinda similar. I was hosing out the bed and dragged my hose across the paint. The hose was covered in sand and dirt.... It scrachted the heck out of it. What i did was megs UC on a carpro MF cutting pad. Removed 90% of it and you cant even tell it was scratched unless you look for it.

Picture of the scratch before

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u247/brondondolon/truck%20detail/356e6632-c64d-4018-9764-4e47faff4771.jpg

After UC on a carpro mf cutting pad

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u247/brondondolon/truck%20detail/IMAG2153.jpg

hernandez.art13
04-19-2014, 02:38 PM
Thanks man. The uber on orange helped then all i had was a yellow foam wax applicator pad, i did that as well then stopped. Then i put touch up paint over the scratches/ transfer and called it a day. How long do i have to wait to light polish to smooth out?

What you have to do is

1. apply touch up paint
2. wait 30 minutes to an hour for the touch up paint to dry (depending on conditions)
3. apply clear coat, with a brush is fine no need to spray
(if you don't apply clear then the paint will come right off when you start working on it)
4. wait at least a day before you start working on it, but preferably 2-3 days and try to park it in the sun.

I've never sanded down and buffed out touch up paint before only entire panels. I don't want to give you any incorrect information, but I will say that I imagine it being the same as working on repainted panels. Just scaled down to a tiny area and precision and being gentle will be necessary. Since you could burn through.

Hopefully other members will start chiming in with they knowledge and just trying to help.

you can't leave us hanging, Pictures!!! :D

Good luck

hernandez.art13
04-19-2014, 02:44 PM
lol i have the same truck and did something kinda similar. I was hosing out the bed and dragged my hose across the paint. The hose was covered in sand and dirt.... It scrachted the heck out of it. What i did was megs UC on a carpro MF cutting pad. Removed 90% of it and you cant even tell it was scratched unless you look for it.

Picture of the scratch before

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u247/brondondolon/truck%20detail/356e6632-c64d-4018-9764-4e47faff4771.jpg

After UC on a carpro mf cutting pad

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u247/brondondolon/truck%20detail/IMAG2153.jpg

Yep I got pretty much the same results on the red Prius. Except the paint transfer was huge about 3'x3' foot.

so what is needed for these types of situations is cutting pad and compound.

did you use a machine or by hand?

Great job and I would have never even known it was there... :props:

BlackRam
04-19-2014, 03:30 PM
Brondon - wow thats amazing. Thank you for the insight.
art- thanks for your help.

Pictures will be up in 30 min

brondondolon
04-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Yep I got pretty much the same results on the red Prius. Except the paint transfer was huge about 3'x3' foot.

so what is needed for these types of situations is cutting pad and compound.

did you use a machine or by hand?

Great job and I would have never even known it was there... :props:

I used my porter cable. Funny thing is that white in my scratch isn't paint transfer it's my clear coat lol.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online

BlackRam
04-19-2014, 04:19 PM
Brondon- How did you know it was clear coat? So you just used the Microfiber and UC on your PC? then what did u do?

brondondolon
04-19-2014, 04:25 PM
Brondon - wow thats amazing. Thank you for the insight.
art- thanks for your help.

Pictures will be up in 30 min

Thank you :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online