PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Coat 2.0 after 1 week

Sherif
04-19-2014, 03:28 AM
So I finally Opti Coated My '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee but the application was not perfect, working early morning in the shade but temperate got higher and parts of the Jeep was under direct sun light while I was in the middle of the coating process! I didn't want to wait until it cools down later coz I already spent almost the whole previous day cleaning it so I just wanted to finish anyway and spend the remaining of that weekend with family..

I know it shouldn't be applied to hot panels under direct sun light but I went on and finished it anyway but I expected it to fail on some panels/sections but left it alone to cure for 1 week then washed with Optimum Car Wash, regular 2 bucket method..

Luckily it was beading and sheeting well, Idk if it's really well or should be better?! you guys please check this little video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1KyK5fvHvg) (sorry it's one hand held phone video) and tell me if it looks successful or not Feed back please
Thanks!

swanicyouth
04-19-2014, 07:09 AM
That looks right. Looks good!

HateSwirls
04-19-2014, 07:39 AM
Art wants me to Opti-Coat my new 2014 Mirage, I may do it later, your Jeep looks good man:)

Flash Gordon
04-19-2014, 08:17 AM
Looks like it's doing it's job IMO. Nice video bro

tuscarora dave
04-19-2014, 08:25 AM
The Jeep looks nice, like it was a successful application. Was that a Bob Seger tune on the video? Nice jingle.

Sherif
04-19-2014, 09:08 AM
That looks right. Looks good!

Thanks Steve.

Art wants me to Opti-Coat my new 2014 Mirage, I may do it later, your Jeep looks good man:)

Thanks, go ahead and Opti-coat it as soon as you can.

Looks like it's doing it's job IMO. Nice video bro

Thanks bro.

The Jeep looks nice, like it was a successful application. Was that a Bob Seger tune on the video? Nice jingle.

Just checked the first audio suggestion on YouTube, found it good enough & saved it :) thanks

Now both Opti-Glass & Opti-Coat went successful, next is CQ Dlux on the plastic grille and molded side steps!

VP Mark
04-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Looks great. You can apply OC in direct sunlight. It just flashes faster.

Sherif
04-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Looks great. You can apply OC in direct sunlight. It just flashes faster.

Exactly! it was flashing very fast and no high spots 👍

hernandez.art13
04-19-2014, 01:17 PM

Keeping in mind how we are OCD about our cars and keeping them clean. If done right you'll be glad you Opti Coated your car. Maintenance is a breeze now and it adds gloss (a whole new different type of gloss IMO) plus if you want you can still wax it, by spray waxing it.

I am getting some Opti Seal to top Opti Coat, just for kicks and to have it around for customers cars.

I've coated my paint, headlights, tail lights, reverse lights. windshield and windows. I've done my carpet too.

I would even do my wheels if they were in better condition, if I get new wheels. They too will get opti coated.

Sherif
04-19-2014, 01:57 PM
Keeping in mind how we are OCD about our cars and keeping them clean. If done right you'll be glad you Opti Coated your car. Maintenance is a breeze now and it adds gloss (a whole new different type of gloss IMO) plus if you want you can still wax it, by spray waxing it.

I am getting some Opti Seal to top Opti Coat, just for kicks and to have it around for customers cars.

I've coated my paint, headlights, tail lights, reverse lights. windshield and windows. I've done my carpet too.

I would even do my wheels if they were in better condition, if I get new wheels. They too will get opti coated.

I decided to coat everything! Started with Opti-Glass on all glass including the panoramic roof then Opti-Coat all paint & chrome,next I'll use CQ Dlux on plastic grill and molded side steps.. Later on after getting my wheels road force balanced I'll Opti-Coat the wheels and coat the tires with Tuf Shine, I even bought CQ Fabric & Leather Coat for the carpeted wheel wells!

Now my question is how soon can I top Opti-Coat with sealant/wax??
I have Sonax Polymer Net Shield, CarPro Reload, Optimum Car Wax, Wolfgang Rudolph wax, Pinnacle liquid Souveran... I think I'll try Sonax PNS first and follow it up with Sonax BSD after every wash.

BlackRam
04-19-2014, 05:52 PM
Sherif-
Were you nervous or anything applying a coating outside? Like getting dirt, dust, pollen on your clear paint before applying the coating?

Tato
04-19-2014, 07:43 PM
That looks awesome mate, congratulations on the work you've made. Video is amazing!

Not only your Jeep looks properly detailed, protection applied seems to be effectively working.

I was 'discussing' earlier today about coating cure and application, we may avoid seeing it all like rocket science and IMO those things are so well designed to bond to the paint that it's much more probable it'll work instead of not.

So, if you were concerned about what you've done, you don't need to.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us,

Kind Regards.

Sherif
04-19-2014, 11:30 PM
Sherif-
Were you nervous or anything applying a coating outside? Like getting dirt, dust, pollen on your clear paint before applying the coating?
Wind speed was low and I was working in the early morning on a weekend in parking area so not much traffic to stir the dust in the air, but still I was wiping each panel with 15% IPA right before applying the coating. I got nervous only when the sun shined on the paint and panels got really hot to the touch.

That looks awesome mate, congratulations on the work you've made. Video is amazing!

Not only your Jeep looks properly detailed, protection applied seems to be effectively working.

I was 'discussing' earlier today about coating cure and application, we may avoid seeing it all like rocket science and IMO those things are so well designed to bond to the paint that it's much more probable it'll work instead of not.

So, if you were concerned about what you've done, you don't need to.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us,

Kind Regards.

Thank you for the nice words :)
you're right we probably over-think it all but for me it was the first time doing it so that's why I'm concerned.. now after hands on experience I can say it's very easy for anyone to do it :xyxthumbs: