PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to try Rinseless wash

Pages : [1] 2 3

Abram86
04-18-2014, 11:09 PM
Another member recommended I try going to the customer to do a exterior detail.
I didn't want to carry around all my equipment so he told me to do a rinseless wash.
So now I have seen so many different brands and I dont know which way to go.
Which do you recommend?

Xtreme Auto

aztec1987
04-18-2014, 11:16 PM
They are ok...I have used one before and they do make it seem like if you wash the car with soap and a bucket. The thing that I dislike is the fact that you tend to use a crap load of microfiber towls (maybe I am not doing something right)

dirtdestroyer
04-18-2014, 11:16 PM
I like Optimum No Rinse, it's a "multi use" product which doubles as my clay lube and quick detailer.

Abram86
04-18-2014, 11:20 PM
They are ok...I have used one before and they do make it seem like if you wash the car with soap and a bucket. The thing that I dislike is the fact that you tend to use a crap load of microfiber towls (maybe I am not doing something right)

I figured it would take alot. I've seen some get away with 4 to 5 towels and some say to use 7 or more per vehicle.

Xtreme Auto

Real Riders
04-19-2014, 01:23 AM
I have tried these Rinseless Wash products
Optimum No Rinse
Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax
Duragloss #931
Pinnacle Rinseless
DP Rinseless
Turtle Wax Rinse Free - 4 oz per 2 gallons

I like the Optimum No Rinse the best. I also like the Turtle Wax on closeout at Advance

Real Riders
04-19-2014, 01:35 AM
I don't like using microfiber towels to Rinseless Wash a vehicle. It uses too many nice microfiber towels and you have to wash them too often. I use a regular wash sponge and two buckets with grit guards. The sponge rinses out quick in the rinse bucket. I do one panel at a time

I pre soak the panel with rinseless solution and water mixed in a spray bottle
I then wash the panel with the sponge soaked in the solution but not dripping
Place the sponge back in the rinse bucket
Spray the panel again with the spray bottle of solution
Wipe the panel down and dry with a slightly damp microfiber towel
Go back over the panel with a dry waffle weave towel
Repeat the same process on the next panel

GettingStarted
04-19-2014, 01:39 AM
I like to use ONR with the Garry Dean method mostly because I believe that ONR is designed to hold the dirt in the wash media.

Just bought some Meguairs D-114 and am going to try the two bucket method with it.

01GreyStangGT
04-19-2014, 08:57 AM
ONR and Blackfire are great products.

Klasse Act
04-19-2014, 09:18 AM
Duragloss rinseless is my favorite, ordering directly from them is CHEAP! If you wanna try it first check your local CarQuest and/or NAPA.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

jamesboyy
04-19-2014, 11:32 AM
Optimum no rinse(ONR) would be my choice it cuts washing time when the vehicle is not so dirty in half with that said you will want a good amount of plush microfiber towels(600gsm or better) to have the most safest wash

HateSwirls
04-19-2014, 11:59 AM
DP Rinse-Less Wash and Gloss works really well.

hernandez.art13
04-19-2014, 12:06 PM
Well for now I plan on trying a rinseless wash for the first time on my car. Since my car doesn't really get dirty, it just gets dusty so bringing out the foam gum every week almost seems unnecessary for my car at least.

Here is my plan of attack, I am trying to skip the whole 20 towels in a wash bucket method. I don't feel like doing laundry every week. lol

I pretty much have everything except ONR. I do have a bunch of those specific towels and I will just need to pick up some more wash mitts. (they are great by the way, you should try them, the towels)

What do you guys think?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2314/medium/onr_order.JPG

dirtdestroyer
04-19-2014, 12:09 PM
I'd just get your buckets from home depot

hernandez.art13
04-19-2014, 12:15 PM
^ The picture and cart was just used for demonstration purposes and plus for out of respect to Autogeek.

VP Mark
04-19-2014, 12:39 PM
I'd just get your buckets from home depot

Nay. I have to of the clear buckets and they are worth their weight in gold. It has measurements on the side so you can get your product/water solutions exactly right and you can also easily tell when your water is getting too dirty.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online