PDA

View Full Version : How do i wash my truck after CQUK???

brondondolon
04-18-2014, 04:29 PM
Two weeks ago i applied CQUK to my truck. I didnt apply the reload yet due to a hazing issue that i needed resolved. Any way its been really windy lately so my truck is covered in decomposed granite. For those who dont know what decomposed granite is its similar to dust with the hardness of sand and as sharp as glass on a microscopic scale. Now since there isnt any Reload on it at this time (planning on putting it on after i wash the truck) is there any precautions i should take as to not compromise the coating? Thanks guys.

Also i only did one coat of CQUK should i apply another instead of reload at this time? If so i assume i will need to use eraser before the coating again right?

zerix
04-18-2014, 04:45 PM
I've heard that applying a second coat of CQUK at this point won't really work, the coating will "reject" it, simply beading it up and it wont bond properly. You're supposed to do the second coat 1 hour after the first coat. Not sure that's all true though....

As far as washing, if you say it can scratch like ground up glass, I might actually try flood sheeting the car first, next lightly spray it, finally hit it with a pressure washer, foam it up, pressure washer again then finally just use the 2BM using CarPro Reset. If it's not safe to wash at that point I don't really know what else you could do. I hope this decomposed granite on the surface wont be a common thing, sounds like a pain in the ass to deal with.

Chris@AutoCleanse
04-18-2014, 04:47 PM
You should have done 2 coats when you first applied it, but that is over and done with now. As far as washing are you asking what kind of soap to use or which method? I would not try to apply a 2nd coat unless you know the surface is surgically cleaned, even then the coating will sometimes repels themselves, I have used and applied many cars with Cquartz UK and I usually waited 1 hour and applied the 2nd, then after that pulled it in the sun to cure. Hope this helps or you can call Corey at CarPro us, great guy and he will be more than willing to help you out. I definitely would do a long presoak on it and maybe a couple times to help soften up that material you are talking about.

brondondolon
04-18-2014, 05:29 PM
I should have asked my question different. My real question is is it safe to wash at this time? And should i use my standard soap WG autobathe.

:)

FUNX650
04-18-2014, 07:54 PM
I should have asked my question different.
I laughed out loud.

Bob

FUNX650
04-18-2014, 07:57 PM
Text containing a suggestion edited out.

Bob

Dr Oldz
04-18-2014, 08:12 PM
Wash away with your soap of choice.

Chris@AutoCleanse
04-18-2014, 08:18 PM
Wash away with your soap of choice.

^^^^^ this

brondondolon
04-18-2014, 09:10 PM
Awesome thanks guys. I was concerned because it's recommended not to get wet until Reload is applied. I assume that was ment before the coating cured.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AG Online