PDA

View Full Version : Best Pads for Menzerna FG400 and WG Swirl Remover

BFEHB
04-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Hello,

Thank you in advance for your thoughts. I was wondering if the flat pads are better for Menzerna and Wolfgang products than the CCS Smart Pads? I have read that flat are better with DAT polishes but that both the Menzerna and WG products are not necessarily DAT but are a hybrid DAT/SMAT.

I, of course, have about a dozen CCS pads but only the flats in 3 1/2 inch. Also, which type/color pad would you recommend for a car with light defects?

DirtyBlackHoe
04-18-2014, 10:49 AM
From what I have researched most people say that the Lake Country Hybrid flat pads are great with the Menzerna and a Flex...what machine are you using?

BFEHB
04-18-2014, 10:50 AM
From what I have researched most people say that the Lake Country Hybrid flat pads are great with the Menzerna and a Flex...what machine are you using?I am using a Porter Cable.

Desertnate
04-18-2014, 10:52 AM
I just finished up my car last weekend using the Blackfire Duo, which are very similar to the two product lines you mentioned. I used 5.5in LC Flat pads and got great results.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-18-2014, 10:57 AM
When using the Porter Cable machine my favorite is the 5.5 Hydro tech pads. I prefer the closed cell construction of these pads as it doesn't allow the polish to penetrate the pad nearly as fast as an open cell pad would allow.

Justin at Final Inspection
04-18-2014, 10:57 AM
I use the 5.5 CCS orange pad with the fg400 on my DA and the yellow CCS with my rotary

parttimer
04-18-2014, 11:04 AM
I'm loving hydro's right now. Haven't tried the hybrid yet. But three pads to do everything, yeah buddy!

BFEHB
04-18-2014, 11:12 AM
I just finished up my car last weekend using the Blackfire Duo, which are very similar to the two product lines you mentioned. I used 5.5in LC Flat pads and got great results.Thank you for the feedback, it is nice when you get the results you were hoping for.

When using the Porter Cable machine my favorite is the 5.5 Hydro tech pads. I prefer the closed cell construction of these pads as it doesn't allow the polish to penetrate the pad nearly as fast as an open cell pad would allow.Excellent, thank you for referencing to use these with the PC.

I use the 5.5 CCS orange pad with the fg400 on my DA and the yellow CCS with my rotaryThanks Smokin - seems like the more pads the merrier.

I'm loving hydro's right now. Haven't tried the hybrid yet. But three pads to do everything, yeah buddy!Another vote for the hydro's - thank you. I am seriously considering these.

Rmd
04-18-2014, 11:50 AM
For FG400, LC 5.5 hydro blue (cyan) or orange flat are good choices to start for test spot.
Probably same starting point for TSR, but IME you can get good results with hydro tangerine also

allenk4
04-18-2014, 01:04 PM
Light Defects- Test Spot with WGTSR on a 5 1/2" White CCS Pad.

If this combo does not do it, you can:

-Increase number of passes w/ same combo

-Increase downward pressure w/ same combo

-Change to an Orange Pad w/ WGTSR

-Any combination of the above

My PC won't effectively spin a pad larger than 5 1/2"

FG400 is a Monster Defect Killer and probably overkill for light swirls in clear coat with normal hardness.

BFEHB
04-18-2014, 01:32 PM
Light Defects- Test Spot with WGTSR on a 5 1/2" White CCS Pad.

If this combo does not do it, you can:

-Increase number of passes w/ same combo

-Increase downward pressure w/ same combo

-Change to an Orange Pad w/ WGTSR

-Any combination of the above

My PC won't effectively spin a pad larger than 5 1/2"

FG400 is a Monster Defect Killer and probably overkill for light swirls in clear coat with normal hardness.Thanks Allen! I got the FG400 for working on a different car that needed more correction work. The WGTSR is for the car with light swirls. I am thinking of picking up some 5 1/2" Hydro pads. I will test those versus the 5 1/2 CCS pads that I already have.

For FG400, LC 5.5 hydro blue (cyan) or orange flat are good choices to start for test spot.
Probably same starting point for TSR, but IME you can get good results with hydro tangerine alsoThanks for the input Rmd!

DirtyBlackHoe
04-18-2014, 02:48 PM
I also heard great things about the Hydro pads, but also read that their durability isn't that great? That is the reason I ordered the Hybrid pads yesterday instead of the Hydro ones...