PDA

View Full Version : Cordless vacuums

Jmickle
04-17-2014, 07:47 PM
Would anybody recommend these for mobile detailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HateSwirls
04-17-2014, 08:18 PM
I tried a couple of them and no good, you have to really hurry to get it done meaning you won't get good results.
Sometimes I'll use my on my cars if the interior isn't too bad.
IMO just not worth the money.
One of them is a DeWalt that uses an 18v battery that can be switched out bot very little suction.
Just can beat a corded vac.

Jmickle
04-17-2014, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the reply! I'll be working out of my car so unfortunately I don't have the room.

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
04-17-2014, 10:15 PM
I have a Black & Decker Flex that runs off a cigarette adapter. I won't say it's good, because it's not. But technically it gets the job done. It just takes multiple passes to pick mostly everything, but it's better than nothing. With that said I'd imagine the DeWalt would be better, but I have nothing to base that on other than DeWalt makes good tools lol. It's also a ton more expensive. B&D makes a battery version of the Flex, but the specs are something like 8 minutes of battery power.

For what it's worth it will vacuum up quarters so it has some level of suction.

poweraid
04-18-2014, 12:11 AM
If u really want cordless consider a Milwaukee 18v cordless vac, get an extra battery. I use one all the time for quick touchup so I don't have to lug out the ridgid . lots of suction it's not very quiet though .

gibson24
04-18-2014, 12:21 AM
Milwaukee 18V +1 here. The best

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AG Online

Jmickle
04-18-2014, 12:43 AM
Thanks, I'll go with the milwaukee

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
04-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Milwaukee one looks NIIIICE, but expensive with 2 batteries and a charger. I still want one though lol.

mjv231
04-18-2014, 08:45 PM
So I've been given a lot of thought because I bought a wet/dry vac about 6-7 months ago and after seen it wouldn't work I threw it in the closet, since I started reading up on auto detailing I decided to figure out how it would work being at I already have it. It turns out that if I buy a 1000 watt converter the vac would work with the car battery... Now I don't know if this is the greatest idea... What do you guys think??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk