PDA

View Full Version : Help: Paint Coating Questions.

onelovelyzee
04-17-2014, 12:52 PM
Hi everyone,

I had a few questions about paint coating.
What is the difference between paint coating and Klasse sealant?
Is paint coating longer lasting?
What kind of protection does paint coating provide?

I am looking for an easy to use paint coating. I'm a bit intimated by GGtechniq C1 so I was looking for something easier to use than that. Any recommendations? I was looking at Detailer's paint coating and Pinnacle Black Label Paint Coating. Any opinions on those?

zmcgovern45
04-17-2014, 12:59 PM
Paint coatings provide a more durable form of protection compared to traditional waxes and sealants. They make maintenance easier and quicker, and will help keep your vehicle looking spectacular for longer periods of time.

Ask a Pro Detailer Blog
The Benefits of a Paint Coating by Zach McGovern

Pros of Paint Coatings
Excellent Durability & Protection
Measurable Thickness
Hardness
Ease of Maintenance
Resistant to Contamination
Hydrophobic Properties
Intense Gloss and Shine

The full article can be found in the AAP Blog if you care to read it.

CQuartz UK, 22ple VX1 Pro, and Opti-Coat 2.0 (to name a few) are all quite easy to apply. The key to success is proper preparation.

Docpeanut
04-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Coating will last 1-2 years average. PBL seems to get great reviews on both ease of application and durability. DP is another good choice, really there's a lot of good choice available, just make sure the paint is properly prepped prior to coating

Dr_Pain
04-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Paint coatings provide a more durable form of protection compared to traditional waxes and sealants. They make maintenance easier and quicker, and will help keep your vehicle looking spectacular for longer periods of time.

The full article can be found in the AAP Blog if you care to read it.

CQuartz UK, 22ple VX1 Pro, and Opti-Coat 2.0 (to name a few) are all quite easy to apply. The key to success is proper preparation.

:whs: Zach's work always makes for a good read

FUNX650
04-17-2014, 01:11 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/34185-3-categories-waxes-paint-sealants-coatings.html

Bob

onelovelyzee
04-17-2014, 02:49 PM
Thank you for the replies so far!

What steps do you recommend in taking to prep the paint for paint coating? The car is brand new (a month old) and I clay barred, and used Klasse Sealant on it. What is the best way to remove the sealant?

Just02896
04-17-2014, 02:56 PM
Wash, clay or nanoskin, polish, carpro eraser wipedown, and then apply the coating. CQUK is a great coating that's easy to apply.

zmcgovern45
04-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Thank you for the replies so far!

What steps do you recommend in taking to prep the paint for paint coating? The car is brand new (a month old) and I clay barred, and used Klasse Sealant on it. What is the best way to remove the sealant?

You will want to thoroughly wash the vehicle, decontaminate (if needed), and lightly polish the entire vehicle. Next cleanse the entire surface by wiping with CarPro Eraser and then proceed to applying the coating.