PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone who uses Iron X or Iron Out

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
04-17-2014, 11:52 AM
This is a product I wouldn't even know about if it wasn't for forums like these. I definitely want to pick up a bottle of 1 or the other. Here's my question for any detailers who use it. About how much do you use on a set of rims? I know it's going to vary, but I'm trying to get an idea of how far the large container of 1 could possibly go so I know how much $$$ extra I will have to budget into my detailing packages for my clients.

I'll be putting it in a Venus Kwazar Pro bottle, which should use less product, but I still have no clue about actual amounts. I Googled and read every review I could find but they didn't touch on this.

Becciasm
04-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Use it sparingly.

Really, a fine mist on most wheels will be enough - but it really depends on the wheel size/type/condition as to how much.

Use it sparingly, dwell, agitate, rinse, and use it again as needed.

I use a few ounces per vehicle, at the most, on heavily soiled mercedes/BMW (etc) wheels. only a few sprays per wheel on my corolla with its non-performance brakes, regular washings, once a month IX use or so

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
04-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Perfect thanks for the reply, I thought it would be pretty low. Since that's the case I can throw a wheel cleaning into my upper packages and just charge when I use it to do the entire car.

Becciasm
04-17-2014, 12:22 PM
...why would you not clean wheels?..

<--not following that train of thought.

I clean/decon wheels with every paid wash

I don't decon my own sets every time, but clean yes. maybe i misunderstood your statement..

Now yes, using IX as a decon stage for the entire car I do as part of pre-polishing or if they want a decon stage before LSP. Yes. smart thinking to do that.

I'd also check out IX snow soap or IX paste as an alternative to spray IX for whole car decontamination. there are many threads that detail the differences and uses between the various products.

I'll let more experience folks (pro's) take over if there are pricing questions.

GenesisCoupe
04-17-2014, 12:27 PM
I do about 2-3 full mists on each wheel. It helps with anything else that i use on them.

Chrono
04-17-2014, 01:00 PM
If using IronX on just wheels, why not use Sonax Full Effect? Safer and very effective.

Becciasm
04-17-2014, 02:33 PM
Perfect thanks for the reply, I thought it would be pretty low. Since that's the case I can throw a wheel cleaning into my upper packages and just charge when I use it to do the entire car.

It's because I'm thick headed... that's why..

You're mobile. :) Wheels are/could be an extra cost because you are mobile.

Good job me. (doh).

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
04-17-2014, 02:48 PM

I clean/decon wheels with every paid wash

I don't decon my own sets every time, but clean yes. maybe i misunderstood your statement..

Now yes, using IX as a decon stage for the entire car I do as part of pre-polishing or if they want a decon stage before LSP. Yes. smart thinking to do that.

I'd also check out IX snow soap or IX paste as an alternative to spray IX for whole car decontamination. there are many threads that detail the differences and uses between the various products.

I'll let more experience folks (pro's) take over if there are pricing questions.

LOL I worded it poorly, I always clean the wheels with at least soap and a ferret brush. I meant I won't use Iron X to clean for a client who just wants a basic wash.

If using IronX on just wheels, why not use Sonax Full Effect? Safer and very effective.

I'll look into that, but I already have a wheel cleaner. For people who get the platinum package I'd be spraying the whole car with IX. I just don't think it would be too cost effective to use it on an entire car for a $35 wash.

Eric
04-17-2014, 03:04 PM
LOL I worded it poorly, I always clean the wheels with at least soap and a ferret brush. I meant I won't use Iron X to clean for a client who just wants a basic wash.

I'll look into that, but I already have a wheel cleaner. For people who get the platinum package I'd be spraying the whole car with IX. I just don't think it would be too cost effective to use it on an entire car for a $35 wash.

If you're considering doing the whole car, might consider using the Iron-x snow foam. I'm sure it would be more cost effective. Not sure how it would perform compared to the regular iron-x though.