PDA

View Full Version : Alltrade 7" polisher/buffer

Saturnhusker
04-17-2014, 03:02 AM
I thinking about getting this Alltrade 7 polisher/buffer for 80 buck comes with 3 yr warranty. I have hand held orbital but not strong enough to get swirls. I work a gas station and we have an account at a parts store so i can get what ever I want the only have the alltrade I need it to get these scratches out 26798 I used small orbital didn't seem to work. This the first time of me using one. I plan and going down to my family farm they have alot of stuff I can polish up. So I can get the feel for it. What pads should I get that will fit Thanks

Flash Gordon
04-17-2014, 05:30 AM
I thinking about getting this Alltrade 7 polisher/buffer for 80 buck comes with 3 yr warranty. I have hand held orbital but not strong enough to get swirls. I work a gas station and we have an account at a parts store so i can get what ever I want the only have the alltrade I need it to get these scratches out 26798 I used small orbital didn't seem to work. This the first time of me using one. I plan and going down to my family farm they have alot of stuff I can polish up. So I can get the feel for it. What pads should I get that will fit Thanks

Not familiar with that polisher, but the price is right and the warranty is better then any other that I've heard of. What is it's lowest speed setting (rpm's)

Looks like you are dealing with scratches more then swirls (picture)

For rotary use I would get wool pads. You'll get more bang for your buck by using wool

Saturnhusker
04-17-2014, 01:09 PM
I think 600 I haven't picked it up yet. alltrade also makes Kawasaki, powerbuilt, snap on, trades pro among others.

Flash Gordon
04-17-2014, 01:14 PM
I think 600 I haven't picked it up yet. alltrade also makes Kawasaki, powerbuilt, snap on, trades pro among others.

You should be fine then. Keep us posted how it turns out

Saturnhusker
04-24-2014, 10:23 PM
Well I finally got it, it's a trades pro by alltrade. I also got some waffle pads white, light blue and black. So going to go work on cars down on the farm so I can get the feel before I use it on mine.

Flash Gordon
04-25-2014, 05:45 AM
Well I finally got it, it's a trades pro by alltrade. I also got some waffle pads white, light blue and black. So going to go work on cars down on the farm so I can get the feel before I use it on mine.

Cool! Let us know what happens

:Picture:

Saturnhusker
04-29-2014, 10:57 PM
Well I used the polisher on my mom's suzuki xl7 which is pretty beat up dents scratches. Then after I got the hang of it I turned my attention to the halo's on my car. I am going to go with smaller pads the 7" pads are too big would work great on boats or truck beds. I used Megs Ultra Compound. 27164

Saturnhusker
04-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Oh and my car is 14 yrs old almost 300k still original clutch. Saturn SL best car I ever owned.