PDA

View Full Version : Clay and Seal inside tinted windows

shagnat
04-17-2014, 01:45 AM
I'd like to clay and seal my inside tinted windows. Only reason being is when it rains, or if I run it through the coin-op as soon as I roll down my window, the felt that is supposed to clean it off doesn't do it's job. It's just a big messy bunch of streaks and usually only in the front quarter of the driver's side window. The other windows have some of it scattered hither and yon but it's always on the front quarter of the window.
I've tried blowing it down but never used a heat gun as I'd be waaaay afraid of messing up the window tinting. It would never be important enough for me to mess up my lovely tint.
Any ideas? Has anyone done it successfully?

hernandez.art13
04-17-2014, 02:19 AM
I wouldn't wax the inside of my windows. Mainly because of the chemicals the wax could contain.

I'm trying to follow, so sorry if I misread anything. Your car is wet, including windows and your roll them down trying to clean them? like a squeegee would?

Where do you live?

Flash Gordon
04-17-2014, 05:32 AM
I wouldn't bother. For one thing it's not going to help (you probably need new felt). For another I think it would cause your windows to fog up

FUNX650
04-17-2014, 08:20 AM
Help me out here...
Are you asking about claying/sealing the window-tint that's applied on the vehicle's interior glass surfaces?

If so: Don't!!

Bob

Gen9Rolla
04-17-2014, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't touch the tint with anything but an ammonia free glass cleaner. You just need to get the new felt pieces

rolop6
04-17-2014, 09:25 PM
I don't get what your saying but try it and see how it goes!

Hazcat
04-18-2014, 01:25 AM
Find out what's wrong with your window weather strip seal and felts. No clay and no wax on the inside of your tinted window as stated by those at the top of the thread.

Blackthorn One
04-18-2014, 01:56 AM
If you clay your window tint, you will scuff it, making it dull and more difficult to see out of. Maybe you could try Plexus on your tint.

shagnat
04-18-2014, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated. At least we were all on the same page.