PDA

View Full Version : Opinion: WW or NR Wash

njarmstrong81
04-16-2014, 10:04 AM
I completed a polishing stage on my car yesterday in preparation for CQUK today. I finished later than expected and it was dark. My garage doesn't have the best lighting and so I didn't want to start with the fear that I might not be able to see the product properly, and so I decided to wait until today.

It is now raining outside so I can't do a full on wash to remove some dust that has settled. I have to finish it in the garage, should I do a WW or perhaps a NR. I don't mind the garage floor getting a bit wet. Would one be preferable to the other??

dcjredline
04-16-2014, 11:59 AM
Ive just recently tried both...I must say I'm impressed. A rinseless is a little more prep, I prefer the Waterless for speed and ease of setup

Sent from my XT1030 using AG Online

Setec Astronomy
04-16-2014, 12:08 PM
A waterless is more likely to leave something behind that might interfere with your coating--are you using, what is it, Eraser before the CQUK?

CarolinasFinestDetailing
04-16-2014, 12:41 PM
I use the older Garry Dean Method where he uses one towel for initial wipe, moist for drying, and dry for buffing. I really like that technique. Yes it takes a bit more time, but I feel safer.

ducksfan
04-16-2014, 01:00 PM
Your post sounds like you see it as one or the other. My experience is that it has morphed into a spectrum of choices between the too.

njarmstrong81
04-16-2014, 03:01 PM
Went with a WW in the end. Really soaked it up, there wasn't any 'dirt' just dust that had settled over night. After that I wiped everything with Eraser and then put on the CQUK. Just finished up about 20 minutes ago. Just need to apply the Reload and I am all done. The car looks insane.