PDA

View Full Version : Progress being made on my brand new 2014 Mirage

HateSwirls
04-15-2014, 08:06 PM
Slow but sure I'm getting it done, I'm about half way complete.
I'm done with the hood and passengers side.

I first clayed it using the Handy Prep towel, the car was built in Jan,of this year and already the paint felt rough, after claying it was smooth.
The car has it share if swirls and the car has only 72 miles on it, I found the paint to he very soft so I tested out first the Meguiar's 205 Fine Machine Polish and worked fine, I then tried the Optimum Fine Polish using a black finishing pad and worked very well so I continued with it.
100% correction on my new car,after I polished it I applied a coat of the DP Paint Sealant.
Then it was time to coat the tires using the Turtle Wax Tire a coating, wow what a difference in how they look! I applied two coats today and will add two more tomorrow.
Once I'm all done I'll take some pictures and videos.

Oh, I applied the Wolfgang Trim Sealant to all rubber and plastics to the exterior , it made a big difference in how much better the rubber looked and this is on a brand new car, I fell good about it knowing it's all protected from the get go, that's the way to do it, if I maintain the paint and rubber I should be able to maintain that new look.

I still have the interior to protect and once I'm done with the paint I'll apply two coats of aCollinite over the DP then hit it with some Duragloss. :dblthumb2:

I won't stop there, I want to Polish the glass then seal, clean the suspension and protect it as well.
Then the engine bay which will be last, I'll seal everything using the Wolfgang Trim Sealant as a light cleaning.

I'm looking for something to protect the carpets too, that's on my list.

Just02896
04-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Slow but sure I'm getting it done, I'm about half way complete.
I'm done with the hood and passengers side.

I first clayed it using the Handy Prep towel, the car was built in Jan,of this year and already the paint felt rough, after claying it was smooth.
The car has it share if swirls and the car has only 72 miles on it, I found the paint to he very soft so I tested out first the Meguiar's 205 Fine Machine Polish and worked fine, I then tried the Optimum Fine Polish using a black finishing pad and worked very well so I continued with it.
100% correction on my new car,after I polished it I applied a coat of the DP Paint Sealant.
Then it was time to coat the tires using the Turtle Wax Tire a coating, wow what a difference in how they look! I applied two coats today and will add two more tomorrow.
Once I'm all done I'll take some pictures and videos.

Oh, I applied the Wolfgang Trim Sealant to all rubber and plastics to the exterior , it made a big difference in how much better the rubber looked and this is on a brand new car, I fell good about it knowing it's all protected from the get go, that's the way to do it, if I maintain the paint and rubber I should be able to maintain that new look.

I still have the interior to protect and once I'm done with the paint I'll apply two coats of aCollinite over the DP then hit it with some Duragloss. :dblthumb2:

I won't stop there, I want to Polish the glass then seal, clean the suspension and protect it as well.
Then the engine bay which will be last, I'll seal everything using the Wolfgang Trim Sealant as a light cleaning.

I'm looking for something to protect the carpets too, that's on my list.

Weathertech digifit floormats offer great coverage, durable protection, and are easy to clean! I've had a set in my work truck since new and for the last 2 years and my carpets are still clean as new! Worth every penny!

jamesboyy
04-15-2014, 08:45 PM
Sounds like your having fun but don't work too hard...happy detailing

HateSwirls
04-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Sounds like your having fun but don't work too hard...happy detailing

I'm taking my time, main reason I'm not dome with it. :dblthumb2:

Going well I must add;)

HateSwirls
04-15-2014, 08:55 PM
Weathertech digifit floormats offer great coverage, durable protection, and are easy to clean! I've had a set in my work truck since new and for the last 2 years and my carpets are still clean as new! Worth every penny!
Your right,the better mat's would last longer :dblthumb2:
Something I really need to look into.

Being this is so good on gas we plan on using it often to save on furl cost:)
We didn't buy it to keep it parked, no no it will be use a lot:)

Fat Mike
04-15-2014, 10:00 PM

Weather techs are excellent, spendy, but worth it! I like how the edges are turned up about an inch, keeping water in the mat and carpets extra clean.